Model Casting S/S 10

I love the casting: mix of old school, established and selctive new girls. perfect.

Wayne from models.com and the imagist talks so much bull, there wasn't one Asian, Black or Middle Eastern that show.

Edit: I didn't realise Lakshmi was there, but still!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne from models.com and the imagist talks so much bull, there wasn't one Asian, Black or Middle Eastern that show.

Edit: I didn't realise Lakshmi was there, but still!

How restless is the flock! Like spastic birds the fashion crowd is already twitching to hop from Milan into the homestretch that is Paris and the Hiss Squad chirped (as opposed tweeted) some choice morsels to TI today...
After that knockout Fall 09 show that positioned Givenchy as an ultra-directional Paris house, punters are breathless as to what the Spring 10 casting will hold. Will it mix sexy with venerable with goth chic girls again? Stay tuned as the Hiss Squad digs.

Then there is that rumor that very venerable house is looking to feature a very racially inclusive runway . Excellent news for Lyndsey Scott, Liu Wen, Sheena, Shu Pei, Rel, Lakshmi, Chanel, , Du Juan, Rose, Tao, Sessilee and Jeneil methinks...

And this just in...which two Paris based fashion editors have taken their very visible dislike of each other to a new level . Word is one of the players is instructing fashion houses to schedule their arrival and exit from the shows at completely opposite ends of the room. This is going to be an opera we think!

The middle part in not about Givenchy.

The way I read it is that only the first part is about Givenchy. He concludes the the Givenchy part with 'Stay tuned as the Hiss Squad digs.' Then he continues his post with a rumour about another fashion house.

i thought he was referring to Prada. :innocent:

I think it was posted after Prada. If he said "that a very venerable house" it would be referring to a fashion house that wasn't Givenchy, but he could have just missed the "a" meaning the rumour is referring to another fashion house..

its ambigious.. but its not clearly referring to Givenchy.. when I first read it I thought it was about Givenchy, but apparently it was not since Givenchy was not that diverse this season.

We know it isn't McQueen, so my best bet would either be Chanel or Hermes.

If it's Chanel, I'll eat my shoe...
Maybe YSL, Vuitton or Galliano?

oOooh I think Hermes is the best guess right now. JPG loves diversity and its definitely a very venerable house. Maybe YSL too.. but I think Hermes is more likely to use a more diverse cast than YSL. Chanel? That would be something... I don't think it can be Chanel

I can see it happening at YSL. YSL has a long tradition of using a very diverse variety of girls.

My bet is Chanel or YSL :wink: Louis Vuitton & Hermes always feautres diverse models so it's no suprise...oh! but if Chloe will include black models whoa! I would be so happy :D They only use Asians, same for Marni...IMO, Jil Sander & Nina Ricci are the most racist because they don't even use Asian or Black models...oh well, we'll see :D

Has Jil Sander or Nina Ricci ever used models of color on their runways? Didn't Jourdan Dunn walk for Marni before?

Chanel had walked for a Nina Ricci resort show ONCE and then that was it....well under Olivier. Jourdan Dunn has not walked for Marni. And YSL is not a diverse house especially under Pilatti....he always just uses Chanel Iman...not even Jourdan has done that show.

My bet is Chanel or YSL :wink: Louis Vuitton & Hermes always feautres diverse models so it's no suprise...oh! but if Chloe will include black models whoa! I would be so happy :D They only use Asians, same for Marni...IMO, Jil Sander & Nina Ricci are the most racist because they don't even use Asian or Black models...oh well, we'll see :D

I agree, it wouldn't be so much different than usual for LV and Hermes to have diversity so I'd vote those out. Somehow I don't see the diversity at Chanel either, seems to me that Karl has a clear vision of the Chanel girl for him and at that note he will probably use his favourites like Liu, maybe Shu again, etc.

I'd vote for YSL, they're in dire need of diversity on the runway imho and I honestly hope that they're the ones who the BI is about.

Nopes.. not YSL

But did anyone notice YSL was FILLED with new girls this season. Is it always like this? I don't remember.

Stella McCartney on the other hand was all veterans minus Bregje.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->