stylebistro.com

Last edited by a moderator:

zimbio.com, stylebistro.com

zimbio.com

gettyfashion instagram

WHAT ALL THE TOP MODELS ARE READING RIGHT NOW
From the editors of ELLE.com, what all our favorite models have on their reading list.

Backstage at Paris Fashion Week, the golden rule is "Hurry up and wait"—even for today's top models. In between hair, makeup, runway rehearsal, and sound check, the pretty posse has a lot of time on their hands—which is why they've usually got a book intheir hands (or at least in their Céline bag). We asked this season's top girls what they're reading right now, and got a list of recommendations to add to our Kindle queue.

Karlie Kloss, The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
“I love the classics, and during fashion month, I actually have time to read for long stretches, especially when I’m traveling. And Hemingway is always so inspiring…Also, I’m reading the September issue of ELLE, of course! It’s huge, and it’s so good!”

Edie Campbell, Playing to the Gallery by Grayson Perry

“It’s like part memoir and part manifesto, and it’s about the contemporary art world. It’s quite interesting, and it’s full of big discussions and ideas.”

Sam Rollinson, Birds of Prey by Wilbur Smith

“It’s one of those things where you start a series—these are about ancient Egypt—and then you can’t stop. This is the ninth book, and I’m still addicted to it. I love adventure stories.”

Julia Hafstrom, Lord of the Flies by William Golding

“It’s very suspenseful. I think it’s like the original 'The Hunger Games'—though when people backstage see I’m reading it, they joke that it’s about the fashion industry!”
Julia Hoomans, Looking for Alaska by John Green

“It goes by really fast, which is great when you’re sitting backstage for a long time and need something to do. Also, I think it’s better than ‘The Fault in Our Stars’—I can’t wait for the movie.”

Paulina King, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

“If you go backstage at any show, you’ll see girls reading it in every language! But it’s so sad. You’ll just cry and cry. So you can’t read it after you’re done with makeup.”

Ola Rudnicka, Proust: A Reader

“My old teacher suggested it to me. We read a bit of it in school, and I thought it was so interesting I wanted to read more! I’d show you my favorite part, but this translation is in Polish.”
Vanessa Moody, The New York Times

“I try to read the front page of the newspaper every day so I know what’s going on. It’s easy to lose track of things when you’re traveling so much, and it’s so important to stay informed.”

Dasha Gold, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

“Dostoevsky is always good.”

Mariana Coldebella, The Yellow Eyes of Crocodiles by Katherine Pancol

“I was shooting for Zara in Spain, and [another model] was reading this…. I got the book five days ago… a lot of people said it’s boring but I don’t know, it really got me! I heard there was a second part of the book, and I can’t find it. ELLE, help me find this book, please!”

Britt Bergmeister, Z: A Novel Of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

"I’m currently reading 'Z,' a fictional novel about Zelda Fitzgerald. I also I loved 'The Paris Wife.' I’m really into novels set in Europe."

Kai Newman

“I can’t remember what I’m reading right now—I can’t even remember what day it is!”

harpersbazaar.com

opener-22.jpg

Refinery29

Sarah Engelland caught up on a little schoolwork while backstage at Tanya Taylor. "I'm studying international relations, business, and French at the University of Texas," she says. "This is a book about business consulting. This is what I want to do, so I thought I'd take the time to learn about it!"
image.jpg

Refinery29

Backstage at Tibi, we spotted Marihenny Rivera Pasible reading one of our favorite books: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. "It's so good," she says. "I'm sad it's almost over!"

Allsaints SS 2016 NY Presantation

zimbio

zimbio

Fashion East SS 2016 London Presentation

zimbio

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member