Models That Have Changed Their Names

xxOceanEyesxx

Reaction score
I know that Agyness Deyn is really Agnes (Hollins, I think her last name is?) and Querelle Jansen is really Lisette Jansen...and Natasha Poly shortened her last name from something incredibly difficult to pronounce. And I know Vlada did something, I just can't remember!

Anybody know of other models who have done that?

Models changing names - what's the deal?

I've read about models changing names to become more "attractive" in the industry, like Agyness Dean, who's real name is Agnes something ..

Do you guys know of other models who have done the same and what do you think about it? Is it really necessary? :huh:

I don't know if there already is a thread with a similar theme. I tried to do a search, but didn't find anything. If there is one, then hopefully the mods will delete this thread. :flower:

Yeah Agyness' real name is Agnes Hollins. I know that Ajuma Nasenyana's real name is Nancy, and Chanel Iman is Chanel Robinson.

Natasha Poly's real last name is Polevshchikova.. and Vlada's real name is Elena.

...everyone in Milana B's thread was freaking out that she's changed her name to Milana Keller...but it turned out she'd just gotten married :D

in a lot of these cases, it seems like the agents are changing the names to make the models sound more "exotic". which is just dumb

Querelle's real name is Lisette, which is thing is a lot cooler and prettier name than Querelle

Elise Crombez was credited on Patrick Demarchelier's site as Elise Conde, if that means anything, I'm not sure. Hilary Rhoda was re-named Hilary St. Claire by her first agency for some unknown reason, they were marketing her all wrong.

ialmrnt5 said:
Elise Crombez was credited on Patrick Demarchelier's site as Elise Conde,

I love Elise Conde :woot::lol:

I read that Coco Rocha is called Michaela really :shock:

Han Hye Jin is called 'Han' by her agency, but I read she would use 'Hye-Jin'

Vlada Rosylakova's real name is Elena Rosylakova.

I hate it when they magically change a model's name! Bettee Molnar is now Bettina, and Anzhelika Kocheba is called Angelika.

Nataliya Piro was once Nataliya Pirozhkova and was called something else before that I believe.

Apparently Querelle's agent was waiting for the right model to use that name and along came "lisette", because querelle is the name of a cartoon character that the agent liked :huh:

Hana S. used to be "Hannah" when she first appeared in NYC ^_^ Not a major change, though :smile:

Piveta Geovana's real name is Geovana Piveta, but her agency swapped it around.

Nataliya Gotsiy's named got changed to Nataliia Gotsii because someone messed it up while she was renewing her passport.

Natasha Poly's real last name is Polevshchikova..
That's quite understandable. Many Europeans find their last names too long and often shorten it.
Jennifer Anastassakis = Jennifer Aniston. She's Greek. :heart:

Mini Andén's real name is Susanna.

She was always called Mini, though, it wasn't a career move. She was a tiny baby, parents called her Mini, and then the nickname stuck. Or so the story goes, anyway...

Trista said:
Yeah Agyness' real name is Agnes Hollins. I know that Ajuma Nasenyana's real name is Nancy, and Chanel Iman is Chanel Robinson.

Chanel Iman name really is Chanel Iman, her full name is Chanel Iman Robinson. She did'nt really change her name, she just dropped the last name. :innocent:

so many crazy changes. :blink:
I do think some of these models wouldn't be that successful with their real names though, as sad as it is, most western people dont want to bother to learn how to pronounce some katarzciniscka wazrsczkiszovzka :lol: and instead, a katie war sounds more friendly to their ears.
same for girls with an overwhelmingly generic name.. like querelle's case.. I think she would've been equally successful as lisette but possibly not quite as 'cool' as she was when she first hit the scene. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"