Models That Have Changed Their Names

Querelle is a gay sailor no? Its an old movie.. I suppose it fit into Querelle (Lisette's) androgynous look..

I don't see how this would benefit their career? :blink:

Coco Rocha's real name is actually Michaela Rocha, according to her thread!

Iekeliene Stange is her real name, but 2-3 years ago she first came onto the scene as Lekalina Stange, because it sounded prettier and was easier to pronounce...why it's back to Iekeliene, I don't know.

Also Charlotte di Calipe was born Charlotte Belliard, renamed Charlotte di Calypso and then (prob because of style.com miss-spelling :P ) Charlote di Calipe and now she appears as Charolette on her NY showcard :huh:

This is a funny thread! So many weird name changes! :unsure:

CharlottefromCA said:
Querelle is a gay sailor no? Its an old movie.. I suppose it fit into Querelle (Lisette's) androgynous look..

Yes its a movie and book about a gay sailor. Querelle also means 'quarrel' in french, but the name suits her very well. Agressive, and controversial, something along the lines of her look when she was pale, with black hair, very corpse like......very suitable. B)

Mr-Dale said:
Also Charlotte di Calipe was born Charlotte Belliard, renamed Charlotte di Calypso and then (prob because of style.com miss-spelling :P ) Charlote di Calipe and now she appears as Charolette on her NY showcard :huh:

LOL!

Mr-Dale said:
Iekeliene Stange is her real name, but 2-3 years ago she first came onto the scene as Lekalina Stange, because it sounded prettier and was easier to pronounce...why it's back to Iekeliene, I don't know.

I like Iekeliene much better!

And :rofl: at Charlotte...did you have to change her thread title a few times as well? :lol:

I quite like the name changes if its done at the beginning of model´s career and it stays the same way all the time.

Maggie Rizer's birth name was Magaret Mary Rizer, but that's barely a change.

Faith Akiyama said:
And :rofl: at Charlotte...did you have to change her thread title a few times as well? :lol:

Haha, well we tried to keep it constant, so it's di Calipe now I believe :P

Also, one very confusing case is FW 0607 Prada exclusive Gilles Zhavoronkova...that is her birthname...but Elite wanted us to know her first as Jil Gilles and a few months later it was Gantz Gilles :blink: We're sticking with her birthname :P

^ But only place Charlotte was ever listed as di Calipe was style.com, so that almost doesn't count. If we have to count all their misspellings half of models has at least one name change. :lol: But of course she still has two changes with Belliard->Di Calypso and now Charolette. :D

This thread is enterainting. Gemma is lucky she was born with a pretty and easy to pronounce name.

Trista said:
Yeah Agyness' real name is Agnes Hollins. I know that Ajuma Nasenyana's real name is Nancy, and Chanel Iman is Chanel Robinson.

actually from what I know all those are Ajuma's names maybe you could say they dont use her Christian name as much.

^I was starting to get worried already...Ajuma does not look like a Nancy at all :shock: :lol:

Well I don't see anything wrong with it. It's like a stage name as so many actors and actresses in the earlier years had. I love the name Agyness Deyn for some reason. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->