Models That Have Changed Their Names

Well it's only a tiny thing, but Eugenia Volodina is often Euguenia... of course it's just a little typing thing ;/

but I guess the change from "Jessica Stam" to simply "Stam" was quite important for our little Canadian.

don't people call eugenia zhenya? people as in, the people on this forum

ialmrnt5 said:
don't people call eugenia zhenya? people as in, the people on this forum

thats what her name is like in russian. eugenia is the english form I think.

[SIZE=-1]Zhenya is a diminutive for Eugenia.[/SIZE]

^ Ah, so it's like calling Jillian "Jill" or James "Jim" right? I've always wondered why people used Zhenya.

Natasha changed her surname because it was too long and complicated. Maybe Agnieska Wichniewcz (or something like that) should change it too. Wouldn't it be better Agnes Wich? :lol:
Tanya D is often in showcard like Tanya Dyagileva :lol:
Also I don't think Jessica Stam's change to Stam was something important.

Elle Mcpherson's real name is Eleanor Gow.

That is a butt ugly name:sick: No wonder she change it:lol:

I like that models change their names a bit, it does make them somewhat more exotic... like the change from Agnes Hollins to Agyness Deyn - way more exciting! :woot:

But didn't Agyness said in her Vogue interview that her mother chose the name Agyness, and that she asked an expert of spelling, or smth like that, and that Agyness gives the best karma?

It is important for a girl to stand out as much as she possibly can. With the foreign girls, changing their names is usually for pronunciation purposes. But usually when a booker suggests to change a models name, it's probably because there are already 12 jessica's or jennifer's, etc etc etc. Jennifer Pugh = J.P. MUCH cooler, I think. :wink:

Sacha Blue's real name is Sacha Oblongina
Anabela Belikova's real name is Anastasia Belikava
Ali Michael's real name is Alexandra

in a lot of these cases, it seems like the agents are changing the names to make the models sound more "exotic". which is just dumb

Querelle's real name is Lisette, which is thing is a lot cooler and prettier name than Querelle

...so then, how does Chanel Iman changing to Chanel Robinson "exotic"? :blink:
Her new name is more boring than exotic, don't you think? :huh:

Robinson is a really typical last name, though, and "Chanel Iman" is definitely memorable. That's probably why.

I remember Agnes Buzala had her name changed. Anyone knows what her real name is? :flower:

...the change from Agnes Hollins to Agyness Deyn...
Did the name changing progress for Aggy go like this: Laura Hollins --> Agnes Hollins --> Agyness Deyn?

Yeh that's right. Her real names was Laura Hollins, then when she just started, Agnes Hollins and now Agyness deyn

Elle Mcpherson's last name is her stepfather's. She changed her last name from gow to Mcpherson when her mother remarried

I read somewhere that Ruslana Korshunova's real name was Elena Korshunova, but I don't remember where I saw that or if it was a credible source...

^ I read the same in some Russian newspaper. It said that she took the name "Ruslana" to honour her brother Ruslan, but that her real name was Elena and everybody called her "Lena".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->