Models Who Have Lied About Their Age

1FashionVictim

Reaction score
We might already have a thread like this but I couldn't find one.

I'll get the ball rolling, Toni Garrn was actually born in 1992 but when she started to gain buzz her agency raised her age by a year.

I believe that Agyness deyn and Anna Selezneva have lied about their age. However I'm not sure if its just their agencies trying to make them younger for the sake of jobs.

there's a rumor (a long time ago) about chanel iman that she's actually born in 1989 but she keeps on saying that she was born in 1990..

Last edited by a moderator:
^Really? a year makes that much of a difference?

Tbh Chanel has been 17/18 since 2006.

O and apparently, Anja Rubik is born in 1982.

^but hasn't Anja started long before also, how old is she as her agency claims or she herself?

Sorry but what's point of this thread? Every model lies about his/her age, it's not the model's fault, it's the agency that states her age & so s/he will say that's X age, that's his/her age used for modeling. This is a business, the less age they have the better, whether it's true or not. Actually right now I don't remember any model that has her age correctly in her agency. I could name an awful lot of them that lie about their age.

^^ Well it's an interresting thread imo...
I'm surpised by Anja rubik... i also remember that Agy younger herself by 2 or 3 years
I was wondering why the agency didn't lie about Monika Jagaciak age...she's supposed to be only 15.

^They probably didn't because of last years headlines at Australia's Fashion Week......where she made headlines because she was so young, I can't remember the whole story, I think maybe she ended up not even walking the shows (it's probably somewhere in her thread).

Everyone already knew her age so they so went with it!!!

And a thread like this is for fun and is interesting, like many other threads that some would find pointless. And I don't think every model lies about their age.

Thanks for your answer, i thought the same!! She started her carreer so young, that's impressive!!

I believe that Agyness deyn and Anna Selezneva have lied about their age. However I'm not sure if its just their agencies trying to make them younger for the sake of jobs.

yeah, it said that Agyness was born in 1986 not 1983

it is normal to lie in the business. lie about height, age and hips.

I don't get why they are liying about their age... i can understand about the height and of course about the hips... but age is so subjective.

I remember once seeing a video on fashion tv [i think it was a model talks] with Bianca Balti and when she introduced herself she said her name and that she was 22 and someone off camera immediately stopped her and made her leave her age out. She reintroduced herself very quickly :innocent:

I don't get why they are liying about their age... i can understand about the height and of course about the hips... but age is so subjective.

It's not subjective, this is fashion ! they have to lie about their age according to what her agency stated for them. the less age they have the better.

they all lie about their age.

^No they don't.

Just off the top of my head there is
Daria, Coco Rocha, Jessica Stam, Amanda Laine, Taryn Davidson

and so many more.

But I agree there are just as many that do.

^In general they lie, we can't say they ALL lie because that ain't true.

The funny episode I remember from a model lying, was in a ftv video with Toni, that appeared at some point in video her birthday date & if you made the calculations you would know that she's got 17 & when the interviewer asked her age, she said 16. If I don't really know a model's exact age, I usually go to the models' profiles on nymag.com, they are very reliable, I wouldn't say totally reliable but very.

^why it doesn't? I didn't say I agree with what you just said, did I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->