Models Who Have Their Own Product Lines

Mariann

Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a thread on this, I had a search and couldn't find one so thought I would start one. The thread is aimed at discussing where models really make their money from since editorial and most modelling work doesn't pay much.. I noticed that there are a lot of models who have their own product lines out there whether it be Kora by Miranda Kerr or Elle McPherson Intimates is it called?

Feel free to post about models who have their own products and ranges and what they are, any information on how they started out, you don't have to be famous to do this I know. There's a lady I know who has her own jewellery shop, charges a fair amount of money and is proving fairly successful though not famous, so I suppose any model could take this up as a way to earn decent cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has her line of lingerie and Marks & Spencer in the UK

Gisele has her own line of flip flops in Brazil

Gisele Bundchen also has an underwear line
Hyoni Kang has a clothing line
Josie Maran has a cosmetics line
Lois Samuels has a clothing line
Nicole Trunfio has a jewelry line
Tori Praver has a swimwear line

Ana Hickman
- Health, Beauty line of functional foods
- Shoe line
- Eyewear line
- Bikini and Lingerie line

Magdalena is working on a jewellery line

Wow, some of these models I had no idea had jewellery, etc ranges. Didn't Gisele do fashion shows were she modelled her own lingerie?

Oh and Kate Moss designed for Topshop a clothing line and lipstick for Rimmel with her own name on it.

Wow, some of these models I had no idea had jewellery, etc ranges. Didn't Gisele do fashion shows were she modelled her own lingerie?
Yes, she designed two, I think, collections for Hope. The line's called Gisele Bündchen Brazilian Intimate.

I had a look at Gisele's lingerie line, I must say so high fashion, very different from Victoria's Secrets and I love the fact she models it herself.
I also had a look at Elle McPherson's line, I noticed her models heads are not in the pictures which I quite like, there is a section on her website which helps her with exposure too and I love the lingerie.

Does any one know who manufactures it or Miranda Kerr's Kora Organics line?

How do they do this, get their own lines, don't they have to start off with a lot of money? I know it's good when they model their own lines. I love Inga's shoe line too - I had a look in google images, looks like she is well recognised for it.

Karlie Kloss's Kookies? :D

Yes I just bothered to have a look now. Karlie's Kookies are fashionably wholesome cookies sold at ShopMilkBar.com

It's pretty exciting considering how young Karlie is at 20/21 and she's voted 2nd top model on Models.com, I believe she is a money maker also.

There are two products

shopmilkbar.com/shipping/shop/5boro-kookie/

shopmilkbar.com/shipping/shop/perfect-10-kookie/

6 cookies for $22 doesn't sound cheap but an amount is donated to charity.

It sounds really exciting. I love when models do things like this.

Image sources are ShopMilkBar and Vogue.com (the one were Karlie is making them)

Not too hard for some one to make cookies :smile:

Attachments

• img-karlieskookies_153819123989.jpg_article_singleimage.jpg
    img-karlieskookies_153819123989.jpg_article_singleimage.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1
  • shop milk bar.jpg
    shop milk bar.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 34
  • kookies.jpg
    kookies.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2
Miranda Kerr has Kora Organics which I think is pretty inspirational but I believe to sell any skin care you need a license and approval so it seems quite hard for any one to just start up.

The ingredients in there looks a bit expensive too like rose hip oil and there are organic ingredients but also probably preservers which seem important and other ingredients used in most skin care products.

I'm trying to get ideas to see if I should start any business on the side of modelling to earn more stable income considering modelling can be hard.

I can't wait to see Magdalena Frackowiak's jewellery line, I wonder how long she has been working on it for but I totally love her modelling photos and how she started off in her twenties I think so pretty inspiring :smile:. I found the website: www.magdalenafrackowiak.pl/

Plus I have to say I love Nicole Trunfio's jewellery. I checked the website and looks so amazing, love how simple some of the pieces sound. I know it's 14K gold but would be easier for some one just starting up to make gold plated and silver plated jewellery and attach designs I guess. The campaign photos look amazing! Love the name Trunfio Jewels too! So high fashion!

Image sources: show-photo.ru/kollekciya-yuvelirnyx-izdelij-nicole-trunfio-jewellery/

Sorry for posting a lot haha, the thread has been inactive and I'm keen to see what other model's are doing on the side for inspiration and starting something new myself :smile:

Attachments

• 20100803115932828.jpg
    20100803115932828.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members