Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Style Savvy

Reaction score
...meaning models who had a stellar season then faded into obscurity or are working with lower profile clients now after a one/two/three seasons.

There are so many but the first that came in my mind is Anastasia Kuznetsova. Her breakthrough was during the S/S 2010 season, walked for Victoria's Secret in 2009, had a very good F/W 2010 season, a decent S/S 2011 one then bam she suddenly didn't walk any shows after. She's still working though but for more low profile clients.

Who are the models that suffered the same fate? Please elaborate.

Ann and Kirby Kenny come to my head when I think of one-hit wonders... mostly their fault though. Ann had so much potential too

Well, I wouldn't call her a one-hit-wonder, but Keke Lindgard also comes to my mind.
She started very well and then slowly booked less and less.
And maybe Melodie Monrose? She was one of the S/S 2011 newcomers, but the following season she kind of disappeared.

Yeah, Melodie kind of. She had a stellar season when she debuted so I was kind of surprised at the quality of shows she booked the next season.

Karolin Wolter, Hanna Rundlöf, Katrin Thormann, Lisanne de Jong, Lyndsey Scott, Alisa Matviychuk, Anya Kazakova, Diana Farkhullina, Masha Tylena, Ranya Mordanova, Dafne Cejas, Adina Forisz, Cato van Ee, Julija Steponaviciute, Maddie Kulicka, Rasa Zukauskaite, Imogen Morris Clarke, Kelsey van Mook....

Quite a few! But to be honest in most cases it was deserved, I mean I don't wish them bad but some of these girls were bland and couldn't deliver in print or on the runway. I only miss Katrin thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miranda kerr was One-Hit Wonder in HF

^4 consecutive balenciaga exclusives (before, during and after a pregnancy) makes her a one hit wonder? not to mention prada & jil sander campaigns, the september cover of italian vogue and several us vogue eds by meisel...

^4 consecutive balenciaga exclusives (before, during and after a pregnancy) makes her a one hit wonder? not to mention prada & jil sander campaigns, the september cover of italian vogue and several us vogue eds by meisel...

But all that was on the same season..

Alina Ismailova
Amanda Norgaard
Ashley Smith
Auguste Tomasuite
Bambi Northwood-Blyth
Bara Holotova
Barbara Palvin
Bregje Heinen
Britt Maren
Carla Gebhart
Carolina Pantoliano
Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Eileen Hydorn
Georgie Baddiel
Hannah Noble
Ilvie Wittek
Jana Knauerova
Johanna Jonsson
Johanna Stickland
Kat Hessen
Lais Ribeiro
Lauren Brown
Lera Sheremata
Lyndsey Scott
Nicole Hofman
Pauline van der Cruysse
Rose Cordero
Sharon Kavjian
Tali Lennox
Theres Alexandersson
Ylonka Verheul

Last edited by a moderator:
^Carla Gebhart, one hit wonder? Carla had a Balenciaga runway exclusive this season and features in their new advertisement campaign by Steven Meisel.

But all that was on the same season..

Prada & Jil Sander, yes. Balenciaga has been for 4 seasons - again - in between having a baby. Not exactly the time to rack up editorial credits, although she is back in this month's US Vogue.

^Yes, Carla and Miranda shouldn't be on the list.

Irina Kulikova. She had great potential but all she does now is runway. :(

I don't think Ali or Irina were one hit wonders, both had substantial careers, they both have been part of huge campaigns. Yes both didn't live up to their hype, but they had several hits imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

^ i agree, Ali and Irina had many great, successful seasons, blue chip works, not like only 1 or 2.

Theres Alexandersson's and Ymre Stiekema's career is kinda sad :( they both have so much potentional imo.

I don't see how we can conclude someone's a one-hit wonder after not showing up for a season or two, which may equal 4 real-life years but it's actually just one and anything can happen.. there have been many girls that have taken a lot more than that (Iris and Raquel) or that have simply not showed up and then next season did, never causing a storm but always there (Anouck, Anne Catherine, Hanne Gaby, Tanya, Irina Kulikova, Anabela).. many of the girls walking right now or that walked seasons ago still have the opportunity to create that kind of career.

Also when you never really had a 'hit' or was even meant to be everyone's hit, how can you be a one-hit wonder? :lol:

I find most of the girls featured on some lists here extremely questionable as one hit wonders, which leads me to think that the ETC of SC syndrome has once again reached another thread and the list isn't anything different from the '~models I don't like~' lists that invade 99% of threads here, which is a shame.. I know we're passionate about models but this section could generate amazing discussions if only we didn't downgrade it like that and instead, made a small effort to back up our posts with more valid information and not just get carried away in our efforts to put down models or their agencies.

Kaitlin Aas. Samantha Gradoville.Agnete Hegelund. Johanna Strickland. Suzanne Diaz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->