Moises De La Renta's Moi

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:eek: i never knew he had a son :p

[​IMG]

article from wwd

2. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

:shock: I never knew, either. He certainly doesn't look like Anette or Oscar. :unsure:

3. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

who birthed this son? bc i thought all of his wives were much fairer skinned.

4. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

You mean white :innocent:

5. classic1908

classic1908 Member

I think Moises is adopted. I read something years ago, in Vogue I believe, about Oscar going down to the Dominican, meeting Moises as an infant or toddler, and adopting him.

6. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

wow...who knew?... :flower:
    interesting ...thx lena...

7. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

I think Moises is adopted. I read something years ago, in Vogue I believe, about Oscar going down to the Dominican, meeting Moises as an infant or toddler, and adopting him. [/b][/quote]
    True ..he's adopted ... I saw a TV special on La Romana/Casa de Campo (in Dominican Republic) ... De La Renta single handlely converted the place into a tourist place ... had friend Julio Iglesias buy a place and now it's booming!
    He's deeply into charity and because of his dominican roots he's helped the entire community of that area ...

8. pennyfei

pennyfei Member

I am convinced he is adopted because he does not resemble the look of Oscar at all. (He looks like a baseball player) I think he indeed needs quite a lot of help from his "dad"!

9. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Why a baseball player? Also, you haven't even seen any of his work yet, so how can you know whether it's good or not? :unsure:

10. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

Well I certainly dont understand why someone thinks he looks like "a baseball player"...is that all you think Dominicans are known for? or is it because he obviously comes from more Afro-latino lineage? Interesting that someone makes that judgemental connection. Would you actually question a child as to why they dont look identical to their parent, or why they don't look "fairer skinned"? Geez what if Oscar had a mixed race child biologically his...I dont want to think thats all you guy would focus on.

As for Oscar de la Renta, he is also a sponsor of an orphanage in DR and is socially conscious man who helps people in his country. I wish is son much success.

11. DeLaRentaGirl

DeLaRentaGirl New Member

Oscar is great... :heart:

12. Nemova

Nemova -

I saw that TV show too. De La Renta seems to be a fantastic person, with a golden heart.

13. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Why a baseball player? Also, you haven't even seen any of his work yet, so how can you know whether it's good or not? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    I guess that pennyfei's comment came from the fact that he kinda resembles famed -dominican- baseball player Sammy Sosa.
    On the other hand ... WHERE have you seen Moises work?
    We'd LOVE to see it!

14. Oria

Oria New Member

muy bonito! hehe! :woot: he looks like some of my relatives hehe!

i would like to see his work, it would be interesting to see what he can do or has done. B)

15. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I don't like the name Moi for a clothing line. Its sounds like a fake fashion line they would feature in an Olsens movie or something.

16. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

I don't know if it makes a diff but it would be pronounced "moy" (like "boy") and not "mwah," if he's naming it after himself I think.

17. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

Oh, then that's okay. :lol:

18. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

oh gawd...

maybe they want it to sound like MUY -- which means "very".

WHatever its going to be what ever they want it to be, he's got his dad's financial and emotional support, and the benefit of all that experience. Besides latinos are are big market still no major designer knows how to reach adequately.

by the way I saw photos of Moises as a young child working in the garden with Oscar...so cute!

Also I see no resemblance to Sosa...not even skin tone...are you serious???

19. kathween555

kathween555 New Member

he is featured on page 66 of April's Teen Vogue for the Stop the Glamour Independent Designers Showcase at NA nightclub in nyc. They only have one little picture of a runway shot, does anyone have anything else?

20. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

There's a blurb about him on p. 120 in the April 2005 Vanity Fair. Some facts:

* He didn't like academics
    * His business partner is Ruben Rivera
    * He is now designing "Moises de la Renta for Oscar de la Renta"
    * He considers his collection to be "edgy, downtown, urban--definitely rock 'n' roll"
    * He was abandoned in a dumpster (Jesus F. Christ!) and later adopted by Mr. de la Renta.
    * He considers his dad to be his "best friend and mentor" and "partner in business"