Molly Goddard S/S 2023 London

Some really sad attempts at dressmaking-look 6 would get you a failing grade on even the lousiest sewing class. There are a few daywear pieces that aren’t that bad even if they look like any other CDG Girl drop.

The evening wear is a juvenile tragedy, something a 15 year old would sketch on the back of her notebook, not something that a professional designer should be putting out on a runway.

Look 8 is TERRIBLE. That suit has some of the worst proportions ive ever seen!!!

It's sad, she really started out decently and looked to have a promising career ahead of her.

I didn´t know Giambatista Valli was presenting one of his usual ruffle nightmares in London!!
At least Valli's non-tulle-nightmares clothes are appealing and fun. This just looks like soggy used condoms that were found at that sewer Marni had their show.

At least Valli's non-tulle-nightmares clothes are appealing and fun. This just looks like soggy used condoms that were found at that sewer Marni had their show.

I´d say walking piñatas better!

The first 6 looks of this are actually kind of okay when looking at them with the rest of the collection. They’re not great, but they’re a genuine attempt at trying to do something different and expand her vocabulary without it looking absolutely abysmal which I applaud.

I do feel a bit sorry for her in the respect that she really designed herself into such a severe corner that’s hard for her to get away from. Everyone, including those that don’t care for her, will always be expecting tulle or smocked nightmares and her attempts at cleaner things will never fully translate well.

I think she should commit to some looks existing in the realm of something like Watanabe Fall 2000 and dial back on the tulle/netting variations because this many in some those colours are just cheap looking.

It's beginning to suffer from the syndrome that afflicts most London designers.

They get known and celebrated by doing a shtick and then they have to move on so they either fail miserably at something new ,(like these miserable Emelia Wickstead wannabe looks) or they go back and ruin the shtick that everyone loves. In this case, both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->