Molly Goddard S/S 2024 London

What you doing here Trentini? If she looks confused by her casting.

Don't hate it as much as I would have thought, but it's very lanky and twee. She's still lost out at sea trying to find ways to move on and up from she was known/comfortable with.

Molly Goddard is becoming so tired now. I need something fresh from her now.

I’m of the idea that she’s not talented enough to make her experiments look purposeful or intentional…the dresses with one side gathered, just look like they got stuck in the sewing machine.

The amount of creases and wrinkled seams elsewhere makes my skin crawl…

It looks sloppy and badly made…
And indeed, no amount of layering can hide the real lack of technical skills.

I guess the person who buys this doesn’t know that she can have the same thing in the CDG universe, with better quality.

This is very much London fashion. I’ve seen so many girls looking like this.
Yeah, for all people's faux shock on here (and I don't love her work much either tbh), this is what girls are wearing right now, and they look good in it. It isn't my taste, but the 'WHO would BUY this???????' comments every season are a bit weird - um, mostly younger and cooler people than us!

Yeah, for all people's faux shock on here (and I don't love her work much either tbh), this is what girls are wearing right now, and they look good in it. It isn't my taste, but the 'WHO would BUY this???????' comments every season are a bit weird - um, mostly younger and cooler people than us!
I find that they look better in Goddard's designs than the models do. Most Copenhagen have that same complex too.

The Prada-esque looks were the best, obviously... As for the rest, no one needs to look like they walked off the set of Little House On The Prairie.

I find that they look better in Goddard's designs than the models do. Most Copenhagen have that same complex too.
Usually it looks better because it is never the full look, so there is a bit of a break with where the eye has to go. They also "fill" things a bit better so the limpness of the fabrics and designs end up having more presence. Her designs in the real world are fairly forgiving, it's just a matter of knowing how to wear them as they can easily wear the person.

This is very much London fashion. I’ve seen so many girls looking like this.
And the irony is that they looks good in it. There’s a sense of identity and it’s a look not a straight from the runway…

‘The challenge for Molly is to now elevate that look that has become « common ».

As is its awful because the construction is entry level at best. They cant get the right tension on smooth fabrics - how did they expect to do sheer.

The silhouettes are lovely. The fabric choices and seam execution are disastrous.

Last edited:
Prada meets comme des garçons, with some 90s voyage thrown in.

if it’s already being worn and seen on the streets why is it being shown on a 2024 runway collection which ideal purpose is to set a trend and show uniqueness, originality etc ?

also: do these younger kids really look good and cool? maybe they don’t.
I’ve seen a lot of ‘younger people’ and maybe not so ‘young’ who look great and have terrific sense of style and look nothing like this. but that’s just my taste I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evanadit
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->