Moncler Gamme Rouge F/W 09.10

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
Who says you can’t pump a little poetic fantasy into the utilitarian Michelin Man puffer? Giambattista Valli did exactly that, with a lineup inspired by Saint Petersburg’s Winter Palace and the 2002 film “Russian Ark.” Thus, the ultratheatrical backdrop. Guests descended into the basement of the Paris Opéra and were greeted by mustachioed men in military garb, projected scenes from the Hermitage, live horses and a giant ice sculpture, not to mention falling snow in the center.

As for the clothes, Valli sent out a variety of jackets, chicly nipped at the waist or compact and egg-shaped, as well as ladified coatdresses with striking shoulder or collar emphasis, the underlying motif coming out most visibly in the details — bejeweled and embroidered insignias or ample chinchilla, fox and Persian lamb trims. Particularly alluring were the satin jackets covered in trompe l’oeil fur prints, topped off with the real stuff. Perfect winter-wonderland fare, to be sure, but nothing hit Valli’s thematic mark quite like the eveningwear — the series of fanciful tsarina ballgowns, which were distended down jackets paired with dramatic, sweeping skirts. For those latter-day ice princesses, naturally.

moncler01.jpg
moncler02.jpg

moncler03.jpg
moncler04.jpg

moncler05.jpg
moncler06.jpg

www.wwd.com

I think Valli was born to be the designer for Gamme Rouge - his uses of volume and furs are amazing and though he may have toned these skills down with his own collection he can go wild at Moncler. The famous ski jacket is transformed, still retaining its origins but given this immense new look.
Though not a fan of the puffer-jacket and matching skirt.. (a full dress would possibly have looked better) I think this is a fantastic collection.
Giambattista Valli's previous Gamme Rouge collections have been mind-blowingly extraordinary for me also, but this, with the Magnificence of the Tsars inflence just hits to spot for me.

These are INSANE. They're totally Renaissance! Not sure if I get all of it, but you must commend Valli for having a completely unique vision.

i kinda liked Alessandra F better, but these dont look bad at all!!
his collections are more about volume and not so much ruffle and embellishment.
i'm happy he kept up the good work :smile:

These are insanely gorgeous, he did a marvellous job with a traditional ski jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->