Monica Vitti

^what kind of cigarette is this :lol:??!!!hilarious..thanks ice lady :flower::heart:!!

love the article rox yr sox!!she had a very distinctive style,representing her time yet also going beyond it.i´ve always particularly loved her loose blonde mane and in contrast to it the puristic,clean clothing of her antonioni films.she was always sensual without being overtly sexy or even intending to be sexy.

german magazine "stern" 23 th june 1963
424350.727monicavitti_stern.jpg

dancing the twist^_^
424351.857monicavitti_stern3.jpg
424354.510monicavitti_stern2.jpg

scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
what a wonderful couple:heart::blush:
a fortunate combination like rossellini and magnani,visconti and berger,fellini and masina....
(same source as above)
424480.774monicavitti_stern4.jpg

^ Yeah, amazing couple indeed. I thought on Monica when I watched "Le notti bianche" the other day; Mastroianni was great as usual, but the overacted performance of Maria Schell really got on my nerves, so that's why I think her character should have been played by Monica. IMO, it was a perfect character for her.

ebay, delcampe

Last edited by a moderator:
le notti bianche is a very touching film and i totally agree about mastroianni´s performance...maria schell´s acting in general is often dangeriously close to kitsch,but i think that she conveyed the character very well.it is this idea of idealistic and absolute love,an excess of feelings almost and also a great naivety that borders on cruelty that she portrayed very intensly.the character is almost painfully ignorant of the world.it would have been interesting to see how monica would have played such a part.she is a very versatile acress but her film characters often seemed to have a sphinxlike quality as if they were in the know of all the secrets of the world,which is quite in contrast to the notti bianche character...

Lucy, that fourth picture is a real beauty. :heart:

Thanks for the pics/info girls :flower:

Hello,

I need to have the most important collection of " Red Desert " screencaps, will somebody help me, please ? Thank you very much...

monica_vitti.jpg

monica vitti.jpg

source : ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->