Montreal shopping

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Isabel Marant pieces? And where is the good lingerie (besides cheap LaSenza)?

^ I googled Isabel Marant & Montreal and TNT came up. I need to check this place out.

Thanks for the Mona Moore tip. Last time I went (maybe a year or so ago?) I was very unimpressed though. I'll have to check it out again.

montrealers!

i need your help once again.

where to get funky glasses (prescription)?

From flair.com:

Folles Alliées
This colourful store is packed with treasures that will keep you browsing for hours. Folles Alliées specializes in vintage wear from the ’20s to the ’80s, assorted jewelry and imported merchandise from all over the world, so you’ll find yourself shopping next to everyone from stylists to fashionistas.
365 ave. du Mont-Royal E.,(514)843-4904.
Rose Nanane
If you’re looking for a selection of cocktail, daytime and evening dresses from the ’50s and the ’60s, you’ll find them here. Showcasing shirts, coats and accessories from the ’70s and earlier, Rose Nanane is the perfect store to find unique vintage looks for any occasion.
118 ave. du Mont-Royal E.,(514)289-9833.

I've heard good things about EvaB. on St-Laurent too, but I have yet to go. Somebody at work was telling me about E.R.A. Vintage Wear down on Notre-Dame & Guy. Not sure what the glasses selections are like though. I've mentioned here before that I had a hair colourist tell me about this vintage sunglasses store on St-Denis that apparently has amazing vintage eyewear. I've never been able to find it though and my colourist moved abroad.

^
thank you! id love to know where that place on st-denis is!

evaB, i've been several times but i dont think they sell eyewear.

i like the idea of vintage glasses. in new york there are stores like that in the east village where they ONLY sell vintage eyewear from another era. i was thinking thered be something similar here...

Has anyone been to the "new" Space FB warehouse on St-Laurent (next to the store itself)........

The yoga/lounge pants are all 2 for 10, same goes for the tank tops. And the rest of the store is usually 10 or 20 dollars, and more elaborate pieces going for 30$. I once saw a really nice coat there for like 30$.

SO CHEAP!!!! That's where I buy all the stuff I wear home. :lol:

For those interested in this collaboration... Comme des Garçons for H&M will be available in Montreal. I saw the ads in the current Elle. :shock:

^ WHAT? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :shock:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::clap::mohawk:

Do you know which H&M will carry the line? OMG, hope there's not a major lineup.

CANNOT WAIT.

so will this be frenzy or do montrealers not know enough about fashion to care

anyone know if the peel location will carry the cdg mens line?

A few weeks early, but is anyone planning on going to the next Braderie de la mode Quebecoise? Or has anyone ever been to one? I don't know what to expect and I'm wondering if it's worth it...

when does the cdg for h&m come out? are h&m prices ridiculously overpriced compared to the u.s. like a lot of other things?

we're headed there next weekend...i can't wait to check out thrift shops. last time i did the high end thing, and while it was fun, nothing beats thrifting when you're traveling.

nov 13

no, i think itll just convert to canadian dollars

counting down the dayyyss!

Montreal girls - I need your help!
I bought these shoes from Barney's NY last year. They're black leather flats, they cost just under 250 on sale. I love them! Today I discovered the bottom sole has thinned out completely in one spot, so much that the water from today's rain was soaking my feet!

Anybody know a good/inexpensive shoemaker downtown?

A few weeks early, but is anyone planning on going to the next Braderie de la mode Quebecoise? Or has anyone ever been to one? I don't know what to expect and I'm wondering if it's worth it...

I was at VIP night earlier.

Lots of people. And it doesn't help that it's not a big space to begin with. Or maybe it just seemed that way because all the designers were pretty packed in.

I only went to check out Soia & Kyo and Mackage (want a new winter coat), so I have no opinion on whatever else was on offer. They had coats from this season and fall 07.

It was hard to browse. Lots of people combined with lack of space and racks of coats taking up what little space there was. And then you had crowds of women angling for room in front of only 2 mirrors. It was so damn hot, I was sweating a little.

It would probably be best to go there first thing in the morning.

Also, bring cash with you. There's was a lineup for the only atm machine. (I don't know if they take credit.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->