Moschino Fall/Winter 2005, Milan

brian

Reaction score
MILAN, February 24, 2005 – When a model with a flyaway quiff and cat's-eye makeup steps onto the runway dressed in a black leather flared baby-doll bolero on top of a sparkly chiffon dress with a kick frill at the hem, what is one supposed to make of it? The late Franco Moschino was known for his sense of humor, but that couldn't explain what was behind one of the oddest conglomerates of clothing to hit the Milan runway for many a season.

As the bizarre mixture of fetishy frilled leather skirts and kinky pinafores, mixed with puff-sleeve blouses and folksy felted coats with leaf appliqués proceeded, the mystery only deepened. A few tenuous connections to the inevitable Milan bubble skirt appeared along the way, but they weren't much help in anchoring this deranged show to anything current.

– Sarah Mower

00010f.jpg
00020f.jpg

00030f.jpg
00040f.jpg

00050f.jpg
00060f.jpg

thanks Brian - some of this is lovely. I don't like the lacy tight though - I think they detract from the clothes too much. The coats are great.

It's amazing how negative Sarah Mower's reviews have been this Milan fashion week. is she having Auntie Flow over, or what...

This is a good colelction IMO, it's not the best they've had, but still...it's not bad at all!

Thanks for sharing another decent collection, Brian. I don't love it though... :unsure:

It's amazing how negative Sarah Mower's reviews have been this Milan fashion week. is she having Auntie Flow over, or what...
I thought the same, I think its a little unfair to call the show 'deranged'. I think that there are a lot of current pieces in this collection, though its not amazing to me.

cosmocat said:
I thought the same, I think its a little unfair to call the show 'deranged'. I think that there are a lot of current pieces in this collection, though its not amazing to me.

my thoughts as well..."deranged"?!?!...:huh: ...that's a bit over-the-top...:rolleyes:

I actually like most of these pieces. very nice collection!

I thought the "deranged" comment was a bit uncalled for, though it actually made me like the collection more for some reason

Very cute collection - love the coats and the dresses :blush: :flower:

I like some peices and the others I'm not really sure about. over all, its not that bad. I liked the brown and blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->