Moschino S/S 2021 by Steven Meisel

LOL, whoever cast Julia and Yasmin must've been drunk at the time because the campaign clearly called for great, statuesque beauties, which they're not. Two of the worst models! Should've been OG. Irina only.

Looking at Irina's shot makes me sad because this could have been a VI editorial instead. But then Farneti had to happen.

Great transition from the Puppet show, glad they brought Meisel back to shoot this campaign, and also great to see what the clothes actually on real people :lol:

LOL, whoever cast Julia and Yasmin must've been drunk at the time because the campaign clearly called for great, statuesque beauties, which they're not. Two of the worst models! Should've been OG. Irina only.

Looking at Irina's shot makes me sad because this could have been a VI editorial instead. But then Farneti had to happen.

Oddly I think Yasmin works for this- at least in this shot. Irina is perfect. Achenrin's is horrible and Julia just feels and looks like even she has no idea what she's doing in this campaign...

Wow I love Bella’s photo she truly kills it every time and I actually like Irina’s shot as well which I’m shocked about

Irina’s look like she ran into and got ensnared in a clothesline…

The Julia/Yasmin/Bella shots captures the charm of 50s-salon puppets best. Julia should be so so so thankful Meisel still keeps her so close to him.

Jeremy’s Moschino has been so witty/charming/clever and still remembers the fun of fashion of any brand this dull era. (Too bad I wouldn’t touch his Moschino menswear with a 10mile pole.)

Last edited:
Bella Hadid

I don’t even think Bella is a bad model but this is really stiff and awkward. Irina and yasmin are the stars here. But still I genuinely preferred the puppets!
In all seriousness who actually buys and wears Moschino although I have to say this season looks less garish than usual.

Pity Achenrin's shot is in b&w because her pose is the most dynamic. Bella does look stiff but she's still better than the terrible two.

I really don't get what Meisel sees in Julia, I guess it's his blind spot. The way he randomly injects her into edits and campaigns is annoying. But maybe I shouldn't hate on it too much because, I mean, Meisel is pretty much all she's got going after she chose to 'retire'.

I actually think the shot of Julia and Yasmin is the only one that successfully conveys whats supposed to be happening here. They look like marionettes. Irina looks too powerful, she’s clearly not being controlled by those strings, if anything they’re in her way. Bella looks slightly too stiff. And Achenrin, as beautiful as she is, doesn’t look like she understood the premise of what was going on here.

Oooo I love these shots! Thank god for Meisel. And I love the cast! Irina/Yasmin/Julia/Achenrin look splendid. Bella's shot is the only one so far that I don't love because she looks a bit stiff...but I'm excited to see some more shots! It's so exciting to see some glamour in fashion photos again. I'm so done with this "I don't care about anything" aesthetic that's in currently.

I really don't get what Meisel sees in Julia, I guess it's his blind spot. The way he randomly injects her into edits and campaigns is annoying.

Agreed. There's no reason why she should be in this campaign anyway.
Yasmin, Irina, Bella I get cause they fit the tacky aesthetics of this brand.

Anyway, great campaign otherwise.

Great campaign, i like the composition of the images & i think than Irina & Yasmin are the stars. Nice than Meisel is still working & made an amazing work on this period of the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->