Most Expensive Women's Shoes

VP, nothing really... just the fact they are limited and come in a special box :wink:

brian said:
rubbish. it doesn't take much material to make two shoes anyhow.

I would guess it doesn't take the 25 square feet of material that you could buy with $14,000 at $4 per square inch.

i cant pay for shoes so much money even some of them are great..actually there are many shoes which is as beautiful as those but cheaper than them.so i prefer to buy cheap ones

PrinceOfCats said:
I would guess it doesn't take the 25 square feet of material that you could buy with $14,000 at $4 per square inch.

Another reason those crocs are so expensive is that instead of using pieces of croc like most shoe designers, the high end shoe designers use only complete skins per shoe/boot. That significantly drives up the price. I'm not sure any shoe is worth $14k, but I guess price is relative to income. Too rich for my blood.

stuart weitzman is ..eh..designer and I would not include him in the most expensive shoes section no matter what he designs

iluvfashion said:
stuart weitzman is ..eh..designer and I would not include him in the most expensive shoes section no matter what he designs

true! no matter what kind of shoe he does- he always seems to get it wrong somehow. I guess that what happens when a straight guy tries to design women's shoes:P

brian said:
rubbish. it doesn't take much material to make two shoes anyhow.

Not rubbish. A pair of mens shoes, I estimate you'd need about 3 sq feet. You can't use all of the hide either, you have to cut from the most even pieces of hide in a certain way to avoid the shoes from stretching and going out of shape once they're made, so theres often a lot of waste.

1sq foot of croc at $4 a square inch - thats 144 sq inches at $4 an inch. :blink:
144 x 3 = 432 sq inches x $4 = $1728 on the material alone. If you consider the cost of a really good calf or kid, which would be about $40 for the same amount, I reckon it's pretty obvious why crocodile shoes and bags are so expensive.

didn't manolo design a heel-less show a while ago that cost a fortune?
trying to find it...

here we go
(not on the list but i thought i'd share...)
heelless.jpg

for £3, 145
pic from fashionologie

Overpriced, but some of the outsole molds for shoes like that can cost a fortune - years ago I developed a lucite outsole in Italy - the mold cost was £27,000 before we even made a single pair of shoes! Because we were mass producing, I think we did about 30,000 pairs, we managed to sell it at a reasonable cost, but if you are selling at a designer level, you might only sell a few hundred pairs, so the cost per sole is incredibly high. That LV metal handbag, the mind boggles how much the molds would cost to produce it.

baroque;

that shoe was being sold in their london boutique for what i remember a "normal" manolo price... maybe they did a commercial version of it?

stilettogirl84 said:
I guess that what happens when a straight guy tries to design women's shoes:P

This has to be the most airheaded comment I've read here in a long time. I hope you're not serious?

Yes,The Stuart Weitzmans are Blah:sick:

But i believe the most expensive shoes are Diamond Jimmy Choo from a couple of years back.....each shoe studded with diamonds,has a 6 crts diamond in the middle.....Well That is one pair beautiful Shoes!!:flower:,I wonder who would've bought them??were they even for sale??,im not sure.....

http://www.***************/image/2007/Q2/061820071737206693.jpg
balenciaga lego-shoes are pretty expensive at $4,175!

(pic from elle.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->