Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

naya

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

This Balmain top is £10,775 on Net-A-Porter :shock:

net-a-porter.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^don't forget alot of Celebrities and Socialites shop on Net-a-Porter ....

so that's why all the £100000000000 items sell out so quickly! haha

And let's not forget that Net-a-Porter has been bought by Richemont, which could mean a raise in prices.

Yes thats why they sell so quickly, both Cheryl Cole and Hilary Duff have said they shop on there regularly and actually get most of their outfits from there

Squizree i can't see that a buy out/investment could mean a raise in prices, but it may mean they might try and get more exclusives for the site

^ I dunno, it's just a suggestion. Cuz a lot of the management and pricing can change after a new owner.

I was watching some new FW10 Balmain clothes on LuisaViaRoma and I was quite shocked because the prices does not seem that high after all
I was expecting this fur coat to be retailed at least $ 20.000 BUT it only costs 4563 euro!!
00010m.jpg

luisaviaroma

That Fendi coat is made from lynx fur. I think the bigger issue here is that the lynx is a freaking endangered species. No matter how Fendi obtained that fur it is not right to wear such a thing. When the sales of these furs go up, so does the poaching of these animals. What a shame.

B A L M A I N,Chanel,Versace,Fendi,Burberry,Hermes-oh there are so many that i just can`t write them...Oops i forgot Louis Vuitton!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a YSL tshirt that was 50% cotton and the other 50 escapes my mind but it was for 1000 aud at my department store ... I understand the suits and other garments cost more but for an apparel item is something I don't comprehend and this goes to other designers.

That Fendi coat is made from lynx fur. I think the bigger issue here is that the lynx is a freaking endangered species. No matter how Fendi obtained that fur it is not right to wear such a thing. When the sales of these furs go up, so does the poaching of these animals. What a shame.
It'd not made for Iberian LYNX which is endangered its made from Farmed Canadian LYNX which are more beautiful but are quite common.

This Versace dress is retailed 16.327,09 euro
I don't think it's an average price for such amazing dress but the funny thing is that net a porter added 3 of them in their virtual shelves and they all went sold out in like 1 day :lol:
versace048-r-h-2009.09.25.19.47.23.1024049_base.jpg

style

I've seen many oberpriced things in my live. But nothing is as overpriced as Gareth Pugh clothing.

900€ for a pair of cotton pants, 350€ for a pair of tiny leather gloves. Although it seems to be very high-quality, this is just too much.

How about this sickening page of Balmain from colette.fr..

That's right, nearly €4,000 for a 'distressed' cotton shirt with some metal..

That Balmain jacket is just.... I don't have words. I wonder, it's even in retail. Veeeery overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"