Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this girl has some business relationship with Balmain BUT she managed to get her hand on the croc jacket ^_^
paris%201.jpg

luisaviaroma

TBH that croc skin jacket is about the only Balmain piece that I don't find ridiculously overpriced. I've seen crocodile handbags that cost upward of $15k, shoes that were $4k. In the realm of standard clothing $66k is a huge amount of money to spend on any item of clothing, especially one that's so "of the moment", but to me that jacket is no more overpriced than any other item of clothing or accessory made out of the same skin.

That jacket was posted here before, right? And I agree about it being in the same price range as any other crocodile skinned products, such as an Hermes Crocodile Birkin.

However, it looks like they just skinned the crocodile and patched worked in into a jacket.

More fabric, more money, higher prices.

anyone remember chrome hearts? before the rise of decarnin's balmain, it surely took the cake for the most astronomically priced rock chic label bar none. with six hundred dollar baby rattles, six thousand dollar jackets, and everything in between, it surely raised some eyebrows...

Emm... Do Tom Ford jeans count as overpriced? TF001? Or does anyone think that a gold plated button and pre-washed raw look denim is worth $900? (The ones I saw were actually $1195).
At last Balmain jeans look cool for $1000. :innocent:

in this month's elle, there's a cotton tunic made by alaia priced at $2,790. it's in the same editorial as these ralph lauren overalls that price out at $1,298.

00030m.jpg

style.com

^^ they want us to pay over a thousand to look like a dirty farmer?!?!? :shock:
i'd rather have a sl*tty-cash-chash-eurotrash look in balmain for sure B)

1: Michael Kors...it is sold at Mens wearhouse for god sake
2: Prada
3: Hugo Boss
4: Gieves and Hawkes
5: Polo (yes, common you know it)
6: Polo Black Label
7: Zegna (I hate to say this but the general mainline stuff is just too mass produced)
8: Armani Jeans (I defend black label, the fabric is Loro Piana and W. Bill for goodness sake, suits are fully canvassed now, hand made)

I was browsing through the Farfetch website and stumbled upon Mastermind Japan. The prices were ridiculously overpriced. A varsity jacket with leather sleeves costs £2950 :shock:. Also a pair of jeans with a skull print cost almost £1000. The mens stuff is also around the same prices.

7: Zegna (I hate to say this but the general mainline stuff is just too mass produced)

Indeed everything RTW is mass produced but the "care" how it is done varies a lot (The Tom Ford Suits from Zegna are fine). I hate it how a lot of expensive brands/designers don’t even make sure that in striped clothing the body part matches the sleeve part.

^ Do you mean at the shoulder seam where the front meets the back? I think that part is particularly difficult to match and tailors debate whether it's important if it matches or not.

yes! for me it is aesthetically incorrect if the stripes don’t match and I interpret it as "do not care" or rationalization from the designers/brands side… it is doable even with RTW (no hand stitching needed)

BALMAIN is extremely overpriced but I believe it's worth it. I mean no one else has achieved what Decardin does :smile: I totally support him :heart:

Indeed everything RTW is mass produced but the "care" how it is done varies a lot (The Tom Ford Suits from Zegna are fine). I hate it how a lot of expensive brands/designers don’t even make sure that in striped clothing the body part matches the sleeve part.

Actually there was a study done by a bunch of people that had the money to buy TF stuff to rip it apart and test the fabric, etc. The group did this for a menswear blog and found that TF was inferior fabric and material compared to Zegna Couture. TF only measured up a little past EZ Mainline...like the mainline you see at Filenes in mountains and mountains of suits. Z. Couture. TF MTM sucks too, know 2 people personally that got their money back because the suits were totally screwed behind alteration.

Louis Vuitton pump- $9,920
00870m.jpg

Balenciaga shoes- $7,450
00710m.jpg

style
*prices from US Bazaar June/July 2010 magazine*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members