honestly, again, chanel takes the cake.

Fashion News | August 2, 2010 11:00 AM
vertical_line.jpg

vertical_line.jpg

What Recession? Chanel Handbags Now Cost $3400

http://www.refinery29.com/chanel-is-now-more-expensive.php

By: Jessica Minkoff

chanel-unattainable-price-increase-600.jpg

Unless your dad happens to be a Russian oligarch or you're a princess from Saudi Arabia, couture handbags and signature shoes from the house of Chanel pretty much cost a king's ransom. So, if you've been saving every last nickel and dime for one of the iconic quilted bags or a pair of double-C ballet flats, the days of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ramen noodles are far from over. Instead, prepare for some more serious penny-pinching—the French brand just jacked up prices around 30%, with a particularly noticeable increase on accessories. The classic chain-link handbag is now completely breaking the bank, costing $3400 at most NYC retailers, a steep hike from $2600, which was hardly a bargain in the first place. But if you just can't live without your double C's, hitch a ride out of the city to Long Island's Nordstrom, where prices haven't been up-ed just yet. At $900 cheaper, you may actually feel as though you've just scored the bargain of a lifetime.

Nordstrom; 630 Old Country Road (off the Meadowbrook Parkway); New York; 516-663-6370 (Racked)

^To be honest I've seen much more expensive bags, but probably not for that size. Louis Vuitton, Versace and Balenciaga probably have the most expensive bags I've seen.

Is Expensive of course but, It is a very good investment, this bag can pass through generations in the family (...Grandmother, Mother, Daughter.) It is an expensive price, worth it.

^To be honest I've seen much more expensive bags, but probably not for that size. Louis Vuitton, Versace and Balenciaga probably have the most expensive bags I've seen.

seriously?! vuitton looks cheap compared to chanel. you can fit a 2.55 in an under-a-thousand-dollar speedy twice over. balenciaga bags cost under two thousand dollars (some closer to the one thousand dollar mark)! and on their worst day, most versace bags do not cross the $2k mark.

so for chanel to cost over three thousand -- and some news reports have them soaring to $4k -- is a bit much especially considering they didn't cost that much LAST WEEK.

they're doing this simply to raise the cachet and exclusivity of their bags in the world where celine classic box bags nabbing $3k at the register.

I believe the Chanel became very accessible from 2007 until early 2010, I think they want most exclusive pieces (Not so accessible).... Maybe I do not know!

^in that case, i'd argue they'd need to do something to ostensibly raise the quality and then go the hermes route. seriously, the hermes constance fetches $8k at the register and one can barely fit in a wallet and a phone.

Is Expensive of course but, It is a very good investment, this bag can pass through generations in the family (...Grandmother, Mother, Daughter.) It is an expensive price, worth it.
That's a very lame excuse to splurge in Luxury. Im sure your daughter wont want to carry your shriveled chanel bag.

I think a chanel bag can be a very good investment for your own live and not for your daughters. You could wear it in 30 years, since it will always be modern.

But I think a hermes bag is a REAL investment. Hermes prices & quality standards are HIGH. I own a wallet from them and I don't think it will ever become old. But it costs more than 1000€....

That's a very lame excuse to splurge in Luxury. Im sure your daughter wont want to carry your shriveled chanel bag.

Sorry, but that's what I think. And I never see a shriveled chanel bag!

Over £2,100 for a small, and dare I say, common, bag is excessive. Though, I have never understood the appeal for black quilted leather.
If I had that money to burn I'd be ordering at Hermes, as previously suggested.

The fact that they raise up the price for exclusivity is pretty ridiculous, when the quality has not even rise, rising the price seems like a joke. I'd much prefer a year of endless burgers rather than that a bag that does not even seems to worth the price of 3,000. and it somehow seems funny because the logo is probably the only thing thats worth a price, I can simply have a tiny black-leathered bag and then stick the chanel logo on, and it will probably cost 10 times cheaper then the price they sell.
I am getting tired of high-end luxury brands trying to rise the price to maintain their exclusiveness.

I have to disagree. I'm sure most people would love to carry some shriveled up 30 year old Chanel bag simply so they can brag about it. That's exclusivity that you can't just buy from the store.

Balmain is definitely up there on the list, and half of his collection isn't worth the asking price! Over $3,000 for a pair of tattered jeans? ludicrous...

I've heard that there're currently about 200 purchasers of Chanel Haute Couture around the world and that the clothes may range from GBP 25k to GBP 100k but you get queen treatment (your measurements are taken wherever you want, when clothes are done, a Chanel's jet will take you to the House to try it on, if you dont even want that, ppl of the atelier will come to your house)

^i bet they can afford that level of service given what they charge for the bags.

if you consider how much a full bespoke suit costs (even from "big name" tailors), that price tag should be enough for a nice profit margin.

But ok I doubt the private jet :wink:

What about charging $500 for this?

5221421.jpg

And $300 for this?
5221501.jpg

fashionfriends.ch

Those lame bags aren't even designer items, it's just UGG. That's just rude. I'd still rather save up and get a classic Chanel bag even if the price is ridiculously increasing than waste 500 bucks on this crap :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->