Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been to a Bottega store once and the quality is MAJOR. Finest leathers, appropriately paid seamstresses, mostly good designs. A thing, that has bothered me is, that their shoes arent lined with leather, which is standard in this price-class.

I also have to defend Yohji. Though his prices are the highest of the highest the quality is impeccable. I'd live in a coat of his, if I could.

A label that seems to be really overpriced is Dior (Homme in particular). Cheap manufactured canvas bags are more expensive than the high quality leather ones from lanvin. And the t-shirts are now being produced in Turkey, but still cost 180€ a piece.

correct me if im wrong, but i generally find bottega veneta to be always super-expensive even with the most basic stuff

this is true. i must say i own a few things from bottega. i find them worth it. but i value both quality and exclusivity. however, don't turn over a price tag if you're faint of heart. they've positioned themselves as the hermes of italy and i'd have to say they've been pretty successful in doing that.

t by alexander wang is way overpriced. the quality of these tees is so bad, they pill after two times wearing it! i am never buying from that line again

this is true. i must say i own a few things from bottega. i find them worth it. but i value both quality and exclusivity. however, don't turn over a price tag if you're faint of heart. they've positioned themselves as the hermes of italy and i'd have to say they've been pretty successful in doing that.

Oh don't get me wrong, i wasn't questioning the quality i was just pointing out that im not so shocked that a pair of jeans costs that much since everything is expensive... if that makes any sense

i don't know why i'm feeding the fire, but i have missed this thread. balmain studded leather jacket, $25,300.

00200m.jpg

style.com

Oh man thats a lot for those jeans and I thought my Dsquared jeans were expensive..

Your DSquared jeans are expensive and overpriced. I don't think any of the more casual pieces they offer are worth the tag. Plus, they are wayy too trend driven for me to bother investing in their pieces. He WOOD is a lovely fragrance, but it's not oil-based so it doesn't get the honor of saturating my skin. lol.

Not the most expensive one, but I think it's pricy. This Dries Van Noten shirt is £340.00 at Browns
023P18560003_1.jpg

brownsfashion

Well, first it's just 280 Pound in other stores which means browns is overpriced anyway. But it seems to be of very good quality (fabric and cunstruction-wise) and you don't know how labor-intense the dying process is.

I won't say it's justified but it's not that overpriced.

^I agree. Plus, that shirt is stunning. The Balmain jacket however is not. Never thought they could keep increasing their prices. It's just ridiculous but it looks like they can afford to do that. I feel sorry for all the people who actually get their overpriced stuff at full price :shock:

Isabel Marant, esp. her last spring collection which looks like the Gap:

113082_in_l.jpg

$220.00 U.S. for cut offs. Hahahahahhahahaha!

Anyone who pays that has too much money.

Other pieces in this collection are also overpriced. I would say a lot of Balmain is overpriced though not all. Proenza is pretty high overall, too.

:ninja: How on earth did they come up with that number?

It's actually quite simple:

I've cracked the Balmain code

it's beyond, no? B)
I just hope this clears everything up, so we can stop asking "why-oh-why-is-it-sooooo-expensive?"

mikeijames darling, it's very morbid of you to come provoking the people around here like that! Unapologetically morbid, dare I say :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else have the feeling that Jil Sander womens is becoming more and more expensive? The prices of some of those maxiskirts and simple dresses are just ridiculous, up to 4300 pounds!

Well, the Jil Sander price tags have always had way to many figures on them. Even under Jiline the brand was known for expensive womenswear since she liked to import fine materials all the way from Japan.
The reality is that the prices are likely to be that high as long as they have customers. I think Jil Sander has become more overprices under Raf than it was when Jiline ruled the world of minimalism.

^ IMO clothes that are minimalistic should never be overpriced, it just don't make sense...

Excuse me? Minimalism or not, I can swear by the high quality of Jil Sander clothes and since they're using the best materials, selling garments under their real value would be simply stupid. However, under no circumstances am I justifying the towering prices but the whole concept of high fashion is the quality of what you're buying or seeing. I'd be happier if they retailed the collections for around 70% less than they do now but since Raf's getting lots of hype from the editors, it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->