Most Overpriced Designer? #3

For us, NO but in reality yes. For people who loves fashion (and not just the branding/status aspect) those kind of celebrities aren’t necessarly needed but them wearing Chanel gives a fresher image of the brand to people who does not necessarly see beyond the bags and logos. Pharrell has participated in popularizing Chanel for men. The same as I’m sure we wouldn’t see men wearing the sneakers Ghesquiere designed for Vuitton if Jaden did not wore them...

Anna Mouglalis is fine. She is mysterious, she makes a very elitist kind of cinema, her films rarely reached the 1M viewers but a balance is needed.

Lily Allen felt quite ridiculous at the time but I kinda like the fact that they embraced somebody who loved the brand enough to wear it.

In this celebrity culture, it matters.

Very sad times we are living in. :( Hope they don´t totally lost it with celebrities, because it would be horrible seeing a Nº5 ad with Kim Kardashian...

Very sad times we are living in. :( Hope they don´t totally lost it with celebrities, because it would be horrible seeing a Nº5 ad with Kim Kardashian...
LOL, don't worry. This will never happen. There's an ocean between Chanel beauty and Chanel fashion...
Despite Karl's love for rich kids/aristocratic families, the strategy after all is to be present in any artistic endeavors of those pop stars. Vanessa is the perfect example. She wears Chanel in her music videos, films, when she tours and Chanel has even organized a concert of her in Paris for their staff and friends of the house.

You still needs to be an actress in order to get those big beauty contracts. I don't see Pharrell as the face of Bleu..Gaspard is just fine.
(I think we went totally off-topic lol).

Does anyone know has Chanel ever made a cashmere tweed jacket? If so what is the price range? Like 18000 euro or..?

***waiting for Lola patiently***

Does anyone know has Chanel ever made a cashmere tweed jacket? If so what is the price range? Like 18000 euro or..?

Let me will warm her game up haha.
Do u have a specific style or item to refer? I mean Chanel tweed is usually a blend of fabrics. If just cashmere, probably impossible made into tweed texture....
And 18k euro is expensive, even for Chanel, with that price, it definitely comes with sophisticated embroidery details.
So maybe u are referring to a cashmere cardigan (that looks like jacket) with embroidery?

Ahahahha! It seems like I can’t get away from the Ambassador title Benn98 gave me!

I remember that for the Edinburgh collection, there were jackets made out on plain thick cashmere with the classic trimming made in the different fabrics they usual uses. But Chanel tweed are usually made out primarily of Wool or Cotton, mixed with other fabrics to add shine and stuff.
If they had cashmere, it might have been mixed with wool or just used as a plain fabric or in knitwear...

18000 would be fairly excessive for a Chanel jacket in RTW (even Metiers d’Arts). It could make sense in Couture...

Haha I was talking about cashmere/wool blend tweed. Just curious.:P

FCXSKEkJ_o.jpg

bottegaveneta.com

Monse! I actually love Monse but it is seriously overpriced. You won't get a sweater for less than 1,000 and a dress almost always pass the 2,000 mark.

Also, Brunello Cucinelli and Loro Piana are also super expensive.

The Row is also shockingly expensive but well I guess they know their clientele.

Some of those BV prices are just ridiculous. I really don't believe that they have the type of clientele to charge that much for RTW. The positive thing I can say is that at least they are actually producing a lot of their runway looks, rather than being just for show.

So I was looking up where to buy an ostrich egg for Easter and this came up in the search...it's an empty polished ostrich egg with a stamp on it for the low low price of $315 USD. Not one of those fancy carved eggs, just an egg with a stamp and weight.
Screenshot_20210325-165611_Chrome.jpg

So I was looking up where to buy an ostrich egg for Easter and this came up in the search...it's an empty polished ostrich egg with a stamp on it for the low low price of $315 USD. Not one of those fancy carved eggs, just an egg with a stamp and weight.
View attachment 1170776

designer goods are getting more and more expensive by the day that these days, we think it is ok to pay exhorbitant prices, and somewhat gotten used to it. I guess the world in general has gotten more affluent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"