Most Overpriced Designer? #3

^^This dress is beautiful and very chic.

Indeed, the $10k sequined dresses are the only garments with price points that feel, for better or worse, contemporary. Nowadays, with designers churning out basic silk blouses and sweatshirts that cost $1200, that cashmere-fox jacket seems like an absolute steal.

Speaking of basic silk blouses and sweatshirts...

qluemagazine.com

Burgundy Virgin Wool V Sweater
$1,190
&
Green Leather Judo Trousers
$4,790

vogue.it

Ducks Blouse
$1,350

That burgundy sweater is far from basic, and the construction looks excellent from the photo. I think that price is probably fair, considering where the market is. Now, whether it's ugly or not is a separate question ...

The blouse looks like there could be some handpainting or something similar involved ... can't really comment on the price without knowing how it was done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Gucci pieces are absolute steals! Those prices are unheard of today for anything with fur or snakeskin. I totally expected another digit on each price.

That Chanel's dress is just pretty! There should be a precious gems attachd on the shoulders, or otherwise that's sooo overpriced. But again, that's really pretty

Louis Vuitton Spring 2015 -

Embroidered silk shift with eel trim $10,100 - $11,200

style.com, nowfashion

Just came across this Mary Katrantzou dress, $14,850.

net-a-porter.com

Fausto Puglisi Embroidered Dress - $72,700

2857D4CA00000578-0-image-m-9_1430923061017.jpg

*Dailymail.co.uk

Balmain Spring Summer 2015

Balmain+Spring+2015+0Aoj8qc_lbql.jpg

Leather & Transparent Mini Dress - £8,250

*Stylebistro.com

The price on the Saint Laurent coat is justifiable. It's a shame it looks like a bathrobe though.

Perhaps it comes with therapy sessions, no doubt desperately needed by any buyer of that coat ...

^^ a mink coat is not that expensive, in my country you can buy a no name one for $400. :meow:

You would need to be like Kanye with a huge ego in order to wear that Mink - or a female customer will buy it and think it's cute.

Or a rich asian kid - the main customers of his menswear collections/clothes

I was expecting +50k for that coat. I mean, I don't think 30k is insanely expensive, considering how difficult is to achieve that chewing-gum pink and still retain a very smooth texture; similar to the 173k dusty-yellow Lous Vuitton coat from the SS12 collection.

It may be difficult to achieve ... but does it need to be? :ninja: That much neon pink is difficult for a woman to wear as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"