Mousse Foundation

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Twiinkls143, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Twiinkls143

Twiinkls143 New Member

There is a new drug store product I think by Mableline.. I am not sure. It is like a moose-whipped foundation and I think it looks really good. I went to a store and they didn't have it in yet- But I was just wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about and has any comments or reviews on it. Thanks in advance!

2. Twiinkls143

Twiinkls143 New Member

Oh god I said mouse!

3. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Fixed darling :wink:

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

not that i'm wearing it often, but i've been using mousse foundation since January, mine is from good old Max Factor (it was an emergency choice) and i was surprised to see that it looks very very natural.

supposedly it adjusts to one's natural skin colour,
    well, i think it really works

5. Girly Girl

Girly Girl New Member

I have tried it and it works well with my skin type. The product goes on smooth and the coverage lasts all day.

6. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

reaaally? :o

7. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i think you will love this Ale.. its really good for what it is,
    supposedly its working with nanocapsules

>max factor colour adapt /skin tone adapting make-up <
    creamy ivory, 40

8. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I just saw it yesterday... it looks like chocolate whipped cream. I may try it, now.... even though it's *yikes* Maybelline.

News flash:

Girl Dies Early Death From Ingesting Cosmetics.

9. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

In all sincerity, I hate Maybelline's mousse foundation - mainly because it claims to be matte and it isn't. It's fine if that's not what you're looking for, but I was a little disappointed by the false advertising. It IS irresistable to the touch, though - it has this smooth, frothy consistency. I wanted to dig my fingers into it and make a mess but I had to control myself!!!

10. xJessie

xJessie New Member

I got some, but it's too damn dark for me. I wish it was easier to tell in the packaging. Pffft. It applied really well save for the fact that it was too dark.

11. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

I will love to check it out, even though I haven't been wearing makeup for almost a month and a half, cause a month ago I got another peel for my last acne scars on my face, and im doing preety much well, I do use SPF all the time, but not makeup, but im looking for something lightweight to start using, so I will check that one out, merci Lena! :kiss:

12. couture_goddess

couture_goddess New Member

I bought it today and I really like it I was surprised how much I liked it - I usually don't like Maybeline but I am really happy with it!!! The packaging was very difficult to chose the color - I decided to get the color one shade lighter than I picked out - and it worked very well!! and yes it is very fun to touch!!

13. gruveechik

gruveechik New Member

Pros: great Caramel colour. Feels really nice on the fingertips and upon application on the face. Very good medium/high coverage. Cheap cheap price.

Cons: it's WAY too matte for me - was super drying to my already dry skin (even though i was wearing 100% shea butter underneath). Soooooo drying that it made my skin look DULL - ick!

14. Ms. Diorella

Ms. Diorella New Member

I was given one a few years ago its certainly not a new concept - i don't really use liquidy foundations just powder normally.

I thought that the mousse was good - but i'm always very wary of using waterbased foundations in fear of looking like i've been donatella versace'ed, you see so many girls where i live who go mad with the foundation and just look totally orange - so i'm pretty careful. :innocent:

I think its definately a good product for frequent foundation users...not for me though.

15. AsianDiva

AsianDiva New Member

I havve tried the shu uemura one. Goes on light and evens out complexion and has spf 15 in it. It's especially great for the summer. Only thing is the package is not the best, it can leak from the top a bit.

16. |Fantôme|

|Fantôme| New Member

I use the Maybeline one. I really like it. It goes on easily and isn't really gross. I wish there were more shades though.

17. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

I love this product as well. I was seeing ads for it in the magazines but every time I would go into the pharmacy, they didn't seem to have it. When I finally went to pick something else up, they had it.

It works great on my face but my sister finds it too greasy. I find that it looks extremely dark in the jar but once you put it on your face, it looks so natural.

:heart:

18. OCHANELO

OCHANELO New Member

I love it it just glides on my skin and feel very light on skin unlike most foundation.

19. butterfly

butterfly Member

i watched miss universe pageant last night and it showed that the former miss universe was wearing trublend whipped foundation by covergirl. i've been interested in trying mousse foundation recently, so i want to know if anyone have tried this product?

20. SanDiego

SanDiego New Member

The girls in my friends wedding actually wore this on their face. It worked fabulously! I would recommend it. they used the maybeline dream matte mouse.