Movies with great fashion!

:woot: I just watced this amazng movie last hite. Samurai Fiction. Its Japanese but with sub-titles.

Visually its amazing as it's filmed in balck and white with one or two symbolic color washes, reds or blue.

Although Japanese in its story and visuals its obviously 'borrowed/adapted' various film techniques. The editing from Pulp Fiction, themes from classic westerns ansd spaghetti westerns, and with a fab sound track.

:doh: Sorry - no graphics posted as I'm still figuring out how shrink them to do that. Definitly stylistically a must see as well as for the story....

:clap: If you can see it it's definitly worth a look.

5th element for future.
kudos gautier.

thomas crown affair (new) for present
kudos kors.

Originally posted by CaptainJackSparrow@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 6:19 am
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge

Totally agree, amazing costumes!

Also love The 5th Element, Blade Runner, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Cell, Chicago.......I could go on.

img14.jpg

Jennifer_Lopez_i_The_15613a.jpg

crown06.jpg

fifth_element.jpg

Down by law, thats how 'pimps' should dress.
The godfather trilogy, thats how 'gangsters' should dress.
2001, a space oddesey, the future's bright, the future's 1950.

Yes, A Clockwork Orange, Moulin Rouge, Rear Window, and Clueless are very inspiring. Velvet Goldmine has amazing clothes. I also like the costumes in Heathers, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, Interview With the Vampire, Elizabeth, The Cat's Meow, and The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Originally posted by charlottesometimes@May 15th, 2003 - 11:24 am
Thanks jules :flower: what a great topic!

I adore that ballgown in Sabrina
It's beautiful! I think we've seen it replicated recently... :innocent:

Anyway, I try hard to avoid copying. If I come up with an idea, I try to think if someone else has done this... Naturally, some of the things you come up with, someone will have done something similar in the last 2, 200 or 2000 years... Let's face it, we can't re-invent the wheel every design and every season!

But we certainly can try to avoid outright copying!

I like moods of movies, I wouldn't design straight from them. One of my all-time faves is "Dangerous liasions", which also got an Oscar for costume; very well-deserved! The 18th-century mood can be adapted to our time too, if you want to do it.

Breakfast at Tiffany's easily. But I also like..
For today's fashion I really liked what Jennifer Garner wore in 13 Going on 30
13-etropolkadot.jpg

I like the 90's fashion of Clueless
clueless.jpg

I like to shop too...

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:43 pm
Breakfast at Tiffany's easily. But I also like..
For today's fashion I really liked what Jennifer Garner wore in 13 Going on 30
13-etropolkadot.jpg

I like the 90's fashion of Clueless
clueless.jpg

I like to shop too...
Clueless had really cool clothes, I think my love of the miniskirt comes from seeing Cher in so many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->