Moving On From The Swan: Marjan Pejoski's Latest

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Moving On from the Swan: Marjan Pejoski's Latest
Fri Nov 7,11:58 AM ET

Add Fashion - Fashion Wire Daily to My Yahoo!

Karin Nelson

Fashion Wire Daily November 07, 2003 - NY Marjan Pejoski doesn't want to talk about The Swan Dress; or rather, the "Quack Creation" -- as some members of the press so fondly referred to it -- which was worn by Alek Wek in the finale of his fall 2001 London fashion show, and made infamous by Bjork at that year's Academy Awards (news - web sites).

Fashion Wire Daily Photo

"It was quite rebellious, yes," allows the Central Saint Martins grad, "and I got a lot of exposure from it... but it was so long ago. I'm tired of it."

You see, Pejoski -- a restless Aries -- tires of things easily. "I have to keep moving and exploring, it makes life interesting. Sitting in bed is not a holiday for me, it's torture!" he laughs, turning to one of his publicists to ask if his seemingly never-ending New York press days are almost over. "I want to go outside and look at antique shops!"

But first he has to run through his spring 2003 collection -- which he chose once again not to show formally -- and from the looks of it, Pejoski also seems to have tired of being rebellious.

"At a point you have to choose which way you're going to go," he explains of his newly wearable three-year old line. "And to me, making something accessible seemed to be a challenge to me, and I liked that."

For the collection, Pejoski started with a men's line -- a first for him -- and the idea of innocence. Using natural fabrics such as cottons and linens, and toile prints he carved out long underwear trousers and fitted short jackets. "It's very Balkan these naÔve shapes," explains the Macedonian designer.

His women's line, which includes bags, shoes, and jewelry, was intended to complement the men's, and extend its idea of childishness. There are fitted linen jackets which have his bio ("When I was 4 or 5...") colorfully embroidered across the body; playful, lace-layered skirts; pink satin bomber jackets; silken flirty shorts; and some vintage-y tea-stained cotton blouses. "It's a very personal collection," admits Pejoski, who at age 35 looks like a man-child attired in a cartoon-y sweatshirt and pink flower-print baseball cap. "Before, it was more imaginative - I was working for a muse. Now, I'm working for me."

Marjan Pejoski is sold at Eva and Dernier Cri in New York, Fred Segal and Pearl in L.A. and Kokon To Zai in London and Paris.

I love the sound of this :heart: :heart: :heart:

so how many FS boys am i going to have to fight over that skirt with??

JOKING :lol:

thanks for the news , scott :woot:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Oh yeah eyah eyha I aboslutely adore Marjan, im so exite dhe is doing men's wear. i love childish clothes, its so much apart of me , im so ahppy, i live him. thank you so much scott*, I cant wiat to see mroe!!!!!!! :woot: :heart: :woot: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I totally thought of you Space when i saw the title of this post! Looks fab. I didn't realize Marjan designed the swan dress. I heard that the designer of the swan dress also designed Lara Flynn Boyle's ballerina dress...but i'm sure I would have recognized Marjan's name...oh well! The clothes look fabulous! Can't wait!

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Nov 11th, 2003 - 10:36 pm
so how many FS boys am i going to have to fight over that skirt with??

JOKING :lol:

thanks for the news , scott :woot:
No fighting from moi. Too full,that skirt is. I'd wear the jacket though :wink:

I'm glad to hear he's moving in a new direction and thinking of himself rather than having a muse approach. Its always best B)

ooo :heart: marjan. bjork was the perfect person to parade around wearing the infamous swan dress.

the skirt's a tad bit too full for me, but i do like the dress next to it. :smile:

Originally posted by mehg@Nov 12th, 2003 - 6:39 am
I totally thought of you Space when i saw the title of this post! Looks fab. I didn't realize Marjan designed the swan dress. I heard that the designer of the swan dress also designed Lara Flynn Boyle's ballerina dress...but i'm sure I would have recognized Marjan's name...oh well! The clothes look fabulous! Can't wait!
ohh thanks mehg :heart:

no marjan didnt do the ballerina dress, that was david cordona, who si doing cerruitie now i belive, he is an LA desigenr, used to work for richard tyler i belive.

Lo we can "share" the skirt:lol: il just take it for some crazzy partys

Two more pictures from Marjan. Love the skeleton accessories!!

Some of his stuff is being sold on Aloha Rag, including those skeleton brooches. They're huge!

ac05pnka.jpg

I saw those stuff somewhere else..they look like McQueen's version on their gold skeletons from the A/W 2001 show...

Those crocheted skeletons have become somewhat of a signature for Marjan for several seasons now. I think it shows that Marjan's stuff maybe a bit cartoonish sometimes but it has some macarbre elements in it as well.

:heart: I love thous skeletons, leiks cott said he has been doingt hem for a while and our oen of his signatures. :heart: :heart:

that outfit above is adorable and so me! i'd wear that in a flash. the skirt is PERFECT! I'm a full skirt freak! Gimme some cutie pumps and i'm set! the jacket and hat are just so cute! the skeletons, i think, are too big and kind of hideous :yuk: . how long are they supposed to last?

i miss marjan's cartoony stuff though. i had worked for him for 6 months and he is such an animated person, i cant imagine him going mainstream at all!

Originally posted by sugarcandypop@Jan 14th, 2004 - 9:59 am
i miss marjan's cartoony stuff though. i had worked for him for 6 months and he is such an animated person, i cant imagine him going mainstream at all!
wow how exiting! :woot:
i doutn think he is going mainstream, I think he is jsut takeing a slitly diffrent direction :heart: .

Welcome Sugarcandypop :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->