MTV's Laguna Beach

Its soo boring. Someone should get knocked up, the other should turn gay, and that one should get into a drunk driving car crash. I might have just given away two years of plotlines.

:lol: Okay, I just moved from Laguna Beach. I went to middle school with Christina Schuller and she's nothing special. People who live here just make fun of the show because it's so stupid. Why? Because it's like watching our own lives on TV. And the girls on the show, who went/go to LBH are embarrassing. They weren't really exciting or anything. But, sadly, that's how so many girls are who live here.

But yeah... the show is realistic in it's pettiness, but of course there's a bunch of made-up drama. I guess you guys would feel the same way if a network taped a bunch of stupid rich kids from your town and filmed them complaining about nothing -- and then everyone else not from Orange County thinking that's how everyone is. :doh:

But I do love The O.C. It's like a national holiday here every week. Heh. Friends get together like it's a movie and watch it. Totally fake. Love it.

Diorling said:
Its soo boring. Someone should get knocked up, the other should turn gay, and that one should get into a drunk driving car crash. I might have just given away two years of plotlines.

"one should get into a drunk driving car crash"

That was a year ago. And it was two boys from LBH. They were both killed. Damn. Should have gotten that on the show, huh? :angry:

i got the dvd.... in an interview trey says he wore a kilt to school on soccer home game days... and then mimicks kristen saying "steph-an"! It's hilarious!

southerncutie said:
i got the dvd.... in an interview trey says he wore a kilt to school on soccer home game days... and then mimicks kristen saying "steph-an"! It's hilarious!

:lol:

I liked the first season and am already addicted to the second. I dont care if that makes me lame :winkiss:

meister122 said:
exactly, those tv people know how to make me watch a show: find rich kids that remind me errily of the people I grew up with in Grosse Pointe, MI, put them in normal situations, which must include shopping, because apart from their attitudes the main reason I watch is for the clothes, and voila! me glued to the tube tuesday night a 10:30 PM
I THINK I could say the same.. iwatch only fof the clothes and shopping..

THAT IS why I loved SATC s much..evne though you cannot compare SATC to LB.
I miss SATC..of course not a RS but I could relate in so many ways..got all the DVDS tough he he:flower:

I watched part of it, Kristin has the "hard to get thing" down pat. Steven is WHIPPED!

I think this show is ridiculous.... but the worst part is, is that its actually real and not fictitious at all! Like this is based on true people, these are the lives of actual OC kids....I know some! :shock:

Agreed, Bambicakes. I am from Laguna / Dana Point and sometimes I shudder when I watch Laguna Beach. I think it is definitely representative of kids there at times. Almost everyone I know from Orange County loves The OC, but I feel it is much less a realistic portrayal of high school kids in the area. I saw some of the kids from Laguna Beach at a bar in LA last night...

haha i'll admit it, i do like this show! maybe its just kuz im in highschool and its fun to watch other kids your age act stupid too? i like how at least SOME of the girls do know brand names, unlike people at my school. the guys are such cuties, stephen & talan, sometimes trey. i dont like the new jason guy. ive probably watched each episode at least twice lol and i did catch the season premiere! i dont care if the shows real or not. i just dont like how season 2 is narrarated by kristin, or from her point of view. shes such a btch! lol sorry. she does have stephen whipped though!

Are there any blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc. in Laguna Beach, CA. This show has no variety whatsoever. But I would love to live by the beach.

Hehe, this show is my ultimate guilty pleasure. It's entertaining, and I love making fun of how lame they all are :D

yugen said:
Agreed, Bambicakes. I am from Laguna / Dana Point and sometimes I shudder when I watch Laguna Beach. I think it is definitely representative of kids there at times. Almost everyone I know from Orange County loves The OC, but I feel it is much less a realistic portrayal of high school kids in the area. I saw some of the kids from Laguna Beach at a bar in LA last night...

totally!
I think that is why its so boring to us (OCers) because this is the stuff we see everyday.
My fiance and his fam are much more Laguna Beach than I am, they live in Laguna and this is the type of stuff they do...
But to the 2 of us its so boring, its like watching a home video of your neighbor.
Who cares? :rolleyes:

i think their names on the show are real b/c trey is on the bard college website with AYA (I was looking at Bard as a college possibility a few weeks ago and AYA was on there) Also, doesn't dieter have a charity- running home 4 teens?

P.Peach said:
I actually thought the show was scripted. Am I wrong?

MTV claims its a reality show.
I believe it is but there must be some intervention by the producers or else all these kids would do all day is shop and go to the beach...

these kids would be pretty good actors if it was all fake.. but I could believe it was partially staged..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->