MTV's Laguna Beach

Please. The show is dumb, just as all of MTV's programming. Remember when they played MUSIC?

gawd
living in Laguna Beach is a hellhole
the beach is great the people are buttholes
and they make you feel like dirt
i dont know why the hell mtv would want to romanticize this place

God, your name is too great
may you live a thousand years

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the show is pretty scripted (or mtv at least tells the kids where to be and who to go see on any given day).

As far as the money factor, it's obviously been highly exaggerated for the cameras because they know that if there's anything MTV watchers like to see, its displays of obscene and ostentatious wealth (Rich Girls, My Super Sweet 16, Cribs, etc.) Also, I think some of the events, especially the "black and white" ball, might have been funded and partially organized by MTV and they just told the girls to invite people.

The high school the kids attend is probably your typical nice public high school in a heavily white, safe, suburban area. You could probably capture the same types of kids and the same interactions at a high school in say, Westchester County or in any of a number of Los Angeles suburbs.

I live right near Laguna High..right near Cleo St. Kids in the oc especially in the beach cities are their own little entities...rich snobbery mixed with a surf mentality...and yah its a safe white neighborhood mixed with the surfing hippies that have been there since the 60s.

The place is really amazing, the only bad thing is exactly what they try to show on 'Laguna Beach' that disgusting display of wealth.

Homme_again005 said:
Laguna Beach is sooo addicting. Although this season is off to a rough start. There hasn't been that much interesting stuff going on i don't think. The LC and Stephan thing finally happened THANK GOD.

Does anyone know what LC's dad/mom/parents do for a living?? They have that ginormous house and SECURITY detail. I wouldn't think that just any old LA/OC family would have security.

I cannot believe the new girl, Casey (??), either. No teenage girl should have that much Chanel..she's waiting to be jumped at the mall by a group of girls haha.

haha yeah caseys house is really nice! i didnt know she had a lot of chanel? i have like 5-10 chanel bags =/ but its ok bc im obsessed with (chanel) handbags! oh and talan is so hot! too bad most of the guys are jerks!

I honestly don't understand why people watch these crap MTV shows about these crappy people. Honestly.

Gary Auerbach is credited for writing for the show.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0041707/#writer

i think it is somewhat real.. but the kids from laguna like the real world are coached on what to say, not say, etc. it's like improv acting.. the camera angles are done too well for it to be completely real... wayyy too real, it's obviously very exaggerated!

The real OC would of been like Malibu Beach not Laguna Beach... I love the show, I love Kristin, altho I believe it's not 100% real.

Has anyone else noticed that Kirstin is transforming almost exactly like in Mean Girls? It's so weird. Last season she was cute and a little tomboyish with hoodies and her cool hair and everything, but I thought she pulled it off really nicely. Now, though, I mean... ugh! She has the overly tweezed eyebrows, the tight pink cropped cardigan, the frosty lipgloss, the nasty light pink eyeshadow all the way to the eyebrow... just like what Lindsay Lohan transformed to in Mean Girls. And she is such a b*tch now too. Like how she hates Taylor... I think that girl seems really sweet. Why in the world is Kirstin such a b*tch to her and hates her so much? I really liked her a lot more last season, now she just changed a lot and is really annoying and prissy... :yuk:

Malibu isn't in Orange County, it's in LA County.

The public schools there are not that different at all from the kids' school in Laguna Beach...there is the same mix of kids as in Laguna Beach (and any other very nice Southern California suburb).

Also, like Laguna Beach, Malibu has a lot of successful professionals and executives (many of whom work in Los Angeles) and their kids, but also people who have been living there for many years before the area got "hot" and people who live in smaller condos, apartments, etc.

thank for the link letgoshopping...

the girls look so dressed down IMO, when I went to prom it was like long dresses and busy updos. But basically they are wearing summer dresses....

a lot of girls here do the whole not super formal dress thing... it gets way to hot in April/May to wear long dresses.

I used to (secretly) watch/like this show. But eventually I got tired of all the "likes" and drama. Kristen (or was it Kirsten?) got annoying, but I still liked Lauren.

Malibu and Orange County are quite a distance from one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"