Mugler F/W 2019.20 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 27, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. perhydrol

perhydrol Active Member

The last look is the worst I've seen this season so far. And actually it shows that Mugler should be closed after the departure of David Koma. They've been making the same looks because the creative director still hasn't found out what his Mugler should be about. It's just sad to watch because even that show screams BUDGET.

Sai, jeanclaude and entten like this.
  3. entten

entten Member

I'll write the same thing I did for lanvin

Sai, dior_couture1245 and jeanclaude like this.
  4. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Abysmal.

With all these celebs dragging out old Mugler and with an exhibit coming up...it really makes this Casey dude’s work look so mediocre and uninspiring. Absolutely zero personality. No voice, no perspective, and certainly no understanding of Mugler.

I mean, this looks worse than a Proenza show!

Sai and entten like this.
  5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The problem with Mugler is that the Clarins family wanted to make something out of it once Thierry was forced to stop fashion.
    He wasn’t fine with the idea of reviving fashion but the perfumes were so successful that they wanted to make Mugler fashion happen again.

Now that Mugler is not involved with the perfume and only concentrate on his shows and his legacy, maybe this strategy of doing simple sexy clothes is the best.

I would maybe give the brand to Gareth Pugh or Giles deacon, focus on the redcarpet and turn this into what Balmain was when it was revived. A collaboration with Gianvito Rossi for the shoes and done deal.

The problem with Mugler is that his Haute Couture left a great mark on fashion but his RTW was quite surprising. So, without a charismatic figure behind it, it’s hard to feel any kind of authority.

Sai and entten like this.
  6. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Besides the ugly prints, this could actually look good if it was styled better.

Sai likes this.
  7. Mrs.T

Mrs.T Member

What’s with the vomit print? Looks vile.
    And yeah he has like zero inspiration and just throws random things together.
    And I agree on the last look. That just ugly.

Sai likes this.
  8. Sai

Sai New Member

Tying way too hard and only succeeding in looking messy and poor.
    Thierry Mugler was brilliant. This is just a shame.

entten likes this.
  9. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

I think if you're going to be at Mugler then go for it. This is so reserved. I'm not sure who is this is designed for exactly? Other than buying it because of Mugler label (which in today world I guess is the selling point).