Mukluks

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by helena, Oct 8, 2004.

1. helena

helena Swim Upstream

I confess that I am a bit of a sad-o when it comes to Kate Moss's clothes & I never fail to think she looks fab (and that I may be able to look as good if I copy her) which, I know, is weak of me & misconceived. HOWEVER, I am feeling tempted by the Mukluk boots she has been wearing. I, as is usual when it comes to stuff kate wears, have lost all objectivity. Are they nice or are they completely disgusting? I really need someone who can look at them with a fresh eye & tell me what they think.

http://www.mukluk.co.uk

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

these are posted elsewhere by another poor soul who has fallen victim to the hype surrounding kate moss...

imho...those are very unattractive and i would never even consider them...however...i am quite sure that we will see a bunch of girls clamouring for them just because miss moss was seen wearing them...

so you decide... ^_^ :angel:

3. helena

helena Swim Upstream

no no no you are right. I just need to be told. Its pathetic...I know. I wish I wasn't so weak. I get so annoyed at myself for being so influenced.

4. softgrey

look..if i was kate moss..i'd probably wear those once or twice because i'm sure she didn't pay for them..when you don't pay for things...you figure...what the heck...i'll wear this for a little while...and then there's this frenszy of copycats who run out and spend their hard-earned money on the same thing...

and then the person who got the stuff for free gets tired of it and tosses it aside for the next freebie..but the rest of us can't just keep doing that...just like the mulberry bag...do you ever see kate with it anymore???...

5. helena

helena Swim Upstream

I know - you never see her with it. I really like that bag as well - she should give it to me!

The mukluks cost £259. thats steep!

what do they do with all the freebies anyway? do they send them to charity shops? wouldn't it be so bad if they sold them on. That would be horrid.

6. Luna

Luna offline.

They'd give you furry "Cankles"... that's no good.

7. softgrey

i'm sure she gives them to her family or friends or her nanny...or her assistant...
    assistants usually get the cast-offs...it's like a perk of the job...

8. helena

helena Swim Upstream

that would be nice wouldn't it. How does one become a celebrity's assistant? You don't get told about that one at the careers conference at school.... :lol:

9. Ms. Diorella

Ms. Diorella New Member

Ack - don't fall victim to them pleeaase - they're tres tres horriblé! :shock:

10. softgrey

it's a rough job though...you are nurse, mother, therapist, babysitter, dogwalker, driver, errand runner...etc..and you have no personal life of your own because you are on-call 24/7 for the other person's needs...plus you are usually treated pretty rudely...you really need to swallow any pride or ego you might have...

but you might get free ugg boots... :wink: :innocent:

11. helena

helena Swim Upstream

yip that sounds sh*t. I'd much rather not be someone slave.

12. softgrey

you said it... :wink: :lol:

13. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

er-i don't know. i was going to get a pair of boots with fur over the leg parts-but i thought better. they're only a kate thing, i think.

14. Fawn

Fawn New Member

I don't care if they are trendy or if Kate Moss still wears them or not. These boots are cute, comfy, and warm. Plus they're handmade.

15. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

:sick: I think it's a Kate thing. They look cute on her, but so would a lamp shade. I think the bulkiness of the fur actually balances out the lack of meat on her thigh :unsure: Skinny or not, I'd avoid. Anyway, she was wearing these boots last winter, so I am sure there are going to be tons who try to emulate the look this year :doh:

I'd say no- unless they are a freebie :flower:

16. InStyleinNY

InStyleinNY New Member

ahhh so tempting, cuz they look so WARM AND COMFY! I can just imagine cold and dreary Northeast winters :cry: :cry:, so, so cold that I can't even feel my toes when I'm wearing regular boots and triple socks... can you blame me if I'm tempted to run out and buy one? :unsure:

17. shoesexy

shoesexy Member

I don't see it as weak or misconceived to admire Kate Moss' look...she often looks fabulous. Nothing wrong with aspiring to that. :wink:

18. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

oui!! oh, and, urban outfitters now has mukluk lookalikes :smile:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/pr...iProductID=6204

19. Pixielaughs

Pixielaughs New Member

They look sooo good on her.. but as someone else said, so would ANYTHING! I laughed out loud about them "balancing out the lack of meat on her thighs" bit though. :lol:

20. ckashie

ckashie New Member

ew theyre rancid, only kate could pull something that hideous off :sick: