Mulberry Bags #2

I just snagged a large Edna. So thrilled! It's the whiskey color, although I think Mul officially calls it camel.

This thread seems somewhat dead, but hopefully we can open it back up!

I think I really want the Carter mini camera bag in Birds Nest Croc Nappa leather, seen here on the website: http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5934/6290/category/

Does anybody here have it? I'd love to see some real-life, more close-up pictures of it before I go $1,000 deep. I was saving up for a Marc Jacobs small baroque single bag but I'm seriously preferring the Carter mini at the moment... for a $200 difference, the leather and design look quite a bit nicer to me.

^ I would go for the Mulberry...there's something about the leather and the designs of these bags that just scream 'classic' and they wear down so well. MJ bags seem to date quite quickly IMO.

Question for Bayswater owners: does it look fine or too bulky when carried on your shoulder? I can't find a picture of anyone carrying it on their shoulder so I'm not sure whether the straps are long enough. I'm strongly considering buying one but I can't carry bags on the crook of my arm because of an RSI. I'd be so grateful if anyone can help :flower:

^ I don't own one, but I used to work at Mulberry! It would fit on your shoulder, but it will be much easier if you're more on the petite side than not. The handles are fairly rigid (especially at first, some soften depending on the leather) so they can be a bit uncomfortable or fall off the shoulder. All in all, yes it's possible but there's other bags which are more suited to shoulder carrying. Have you looked at the bayswater satchel? If you like the style it might be an alternative.

Here's a picture of some Princess carrying it on the shoulder to give you an idea:

coolspotters

I have friends with the normal Bayswaters who carry it on their shoulder all the time. Having said that it's a heavy bag, and if you have an RSI you may be better going for a lighter leather bag rather than weighing your shoulders down with the Bays!

I own the smaller Bayswater Satchel with a cross-body strap and absolutely love it, however it can only carry a limited amount.

Wow, thanks so much for the speedy and helpful responses :smile: I'm quite petite so hopefully it will be fine. I'm not really into satchel bags even though I carry one at the moment. I'm going to make a trip into Mulberry tomorrow to try on a few bags. I also want to check out the prices, I suspect even with shipping it will probably work out a lot cheaper to buy online due to the ridiculously inflated prices for designer goods in Australia. Thanks again!

It's definitely cheaper to buy online that at the actual Mulberry store here!

I saved $200 buying my Polly at Lagarconne :smile:

I ended up buying an Oak Bayswater for 587.5 pounds inc. shipping from Harrods so less than US$900, not bad! And I managed to find the Collonil Waterstop spray recommended by Mulberry in David Jones. I couldn't find any online retailers of it that ship here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy your new Bays! There is nothing quite like the smell of a lovely new Mulberry bag. I Collonil'd my bag about three times before I let any rain go near it (I live in rainy London though)

Enjoy your new Bays! There is nothing quite like the smell of a lovely new Mulberry bag.

Yes, the smell is amazing. I'm kind of addicted to it. :wub: :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my Bayswater! It is beautiful, and I know what you mean about the smell... It reminds me of horses and saddles but in a strangely nice way!

Oh, enjoy. It's so nice toting a nice fresh bag around town! Although the good thing about Mulberry is they look just as good when they get all beaten up and vintage!

Could anyone advise me? I am stuck between the East West Bayswater and the small Bayswater satchel. I am quite small, so would prefer not to lug the regular Bayswater around with me. At most I carry a purse, phone, small paperback book, and a few small odds and ends with me at any time. Has anyone used either of these bags recently?

I do prefer the satchel strap, and had originally considered an Alexa, but there's something so compact about the Bayswater that attracts me more.

Hi Lapin...here's me with my Bayswater satchel. I'm 5"1 so am pretty petite and the satchel doesn't seem too big on me. I carry my wallet, a phone, a book, sunnies and keys and they all fit fine in the bag. One thing I would say is if you overstuff it, the strap starts to weight down and hurt your shoulder quite quickly.

photo-67.jpg

photo-68.jpg

Thank you Liv Liv! It looks exquisite, and exactly as I had hoped, size-wise. I like that it can be worn both practically and elegantly, too. It is actually the perfect sized bag for me. I am hoping to possibly purchase a black one:smile:
I also adore your dress.

Thanks guys! I'm really pleased with it and hope to be using it for a long time to come.

Has anyone seen this bag in real life? I keep searching for different images of it to view it from all angles but there appear to be none online.

Hope you can help! x

mulberry.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->