Mulberry S/S 2015: Georgia May Jagger by Inez & Vinoodh

poison84

Reaction score
MULBERRY’S NEW BLOOM: Mulberry’s spring campaign marks a new direction for the British luxury label, with model Georgia May Jagger making her first appearance as the face of the brand, and photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin returning to shoot the campaign for the first time since 2004. The images depict Jagger as if she’s at “an impromptu photo shoot set up in a country house,” the label said. To wit: In one image, Jagger poses with Mulberry’s Delphie bag at the edge of a seamless backdrop, with the house’s ornately paneled walls, gilt-edged furniture and a silver tea set also in the shot. In another, Jagger is shot against the backdrop wearing Mulberry’s Mini Cara backpack, with irises and roses spilling out of the back pocket of her jeans — nodding to the floral inspiration for the spring collection — with eclectic objects such as a vintage bicycle, teacups and a chess set in the frame. Tank was the creative agency for the campaign, with its creative and editorial director, Masoud Golsorkhi, acting as campaign director. Golsorkhi commented that the “sense of slight chaos in the images expresses the relaxed charm of English country living.” Anne-Marie Verdin, brand director of Mulberry, noted that the label is “being determinedly British as the brand grows its international business.” The styling was by Melanie Ward, with hair by Christiaan Houtenbos and makeup by Dick Page. The campaign will break in the March issues of titles such as British Vogue, Elle and Harper’s Bazaar. Van Lamsweerde and Matadin have also directed a short film of Jagger for Mulberry’s Web site, in which the model moves on the set to the strains of Shocking Blue, a late-Sixties Dutch rock group.
memo_mulberry01.jpg

wwd

I like the setting, even if it is a little too dark. I am not sure Georgia is the best model choice for the brand. She looks too sophisticated, and her poses are not natural enough I think.

I should be lined against a wall and shot for saying this, but I actually miss Cara now. The concept seems nice, that whole split scene vibe, but the execution is poor. Not entirely Georgia's fault.

Love setting, but not digging Georgia May's presence here. Just doesn't compliment the brand effectively. And I'm with you, Benn98, would take Cara over Georgia May for this campaign.

Cara didn't help them increase the sales now they moved on to Georgia? The desperation ..

Cara didn't help them increase the sales now they moved on to Georgia? The desperation ..

Ha! If that's the reason then they're better off with Cara.

The concept is really interesting, but it seems like I&V is trying to do something Tim Walker like. Maybe they should have gotten the real deal instead.
I agree about Georgia, I find her so beautiful, but she is maybe a little mature for mulberry?

It feels as if a kid looked at some of the Tim Walker Mulberry campaigns and tried to recreate the scene... Desperate failure.

Sick of this "model" or actually the daughter of someone famous and the campaign is pretty boring, a waste of money.

Sick of this "model" or actually the daughter of someone famous and the campaign is pretty boring, a waste of money.

I think Georgia is one of the few, or rather only, celebrity models that I think really belongs in the business. Even with her lack of height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->