Multi-purpose Products

Alejandro

& R.V
Reaction score
There are some makeup products that are meant to be used on some parts of the face (I.E. lipstick for lips :doh: , Mascara for eyelashes, eyeshadow for eyes...) but normally, this products can be used on other parts of the face...if you feel the same way as I do, please post your ideas..

For example, grey hair! big date! no time, if you have brown hair,you can cover them temporarily with brown mascara,or black if you sport a black mane... :wink:

Lipgloss for eyes.. no makeup required, but when you want to look sexy, and dont feel like applying makeup, just put some lipgloss or lipbalm on your lips, and then, dab them from your lips to your eyelids, to achieve a dewey, sexy FX.

Want a glowy foundation? Mix your regular foundation with golden, bronzy, or shimmery white powder eyeshadow, and be prepared for compliments!

White eyeshadow over your blush, applied over your cheekbones, to achieve a nice glow... great for party time!

Olive oil for body gloss! its a great recipe I always use; get a spray bottle, and mix half bottle of olive oil, half of vanilla escense oil, the one for pastries, and if you want to, get a sample of a fragrance, an oriental, spicy one, for example Nu by YSL, or Fracas, and mix it in... shake it, and apply it on legs, chest, arms, wherever you want a sexy glow without the sun..trust me, it works! but dont overdo B)

Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. you can use that as lipgloss, eyegloss, cuticule hydrator, allover hydrator...its great, but you may not like the smell though :unsure: ...

Please post your picks!!

i multi-use most of my make up alejandro
*blush (powder or cream) goes also on lids as eye shadow.
*i use powder blush also on forhead, chin
and nose for a daytime sun-kissed look
*lipsticks play also eyeshadow
*powder makes a great eyeshadow as well
*i use anti-cernes around lips or/and under lipstick to make
lip color more 'effective'

fave multi use product:
*eye cream by Shu Uemura in brown, also for eyeshadow & lips

moisturiser doubles up as intensive conditioner

vaseline for under-eye cream

honey as hair styling product

eye liner as face paint

*Vaseline as eyegloss & at night on lashes to make them stronger ( works great) :heart:

sweet georgia brown pomade. when i was platnium blonde [ punk baby]
i used this stuff in my hair , it comes in every color ! i have green, opal [ sparkly patnium] hot pink, blue, purple. i would use it in my hair for temp color and hold, and it woks also for eyegloss, lipcolor, and face highlighter [ opal, gold]

it doesnt work in my hair any more cos its drk drk brown,so i just use it as makeup B)

Vaseline is MY product. I don't know what I'd do with out it...

I apply it to the lips...over my lids...and at night, a hint above my cheekbones.

Originally posted by trean@Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:58 pm
*Vaseline as eyegloss & at night on lashes to make them stronger ( works great) :heart:
Trean I LOVE Vaseline. I use it everywhere too. to hydrate my lips, to give dewy eyelids, it works great when blended into cheeks for a long, or like you said on eyelashes to elongate. it also gives a great wet looking gloss too over lipcolor however it will wear off easily as a lipgloss. It's my fave multi purpose product!

MAC Pigment is supposed to be a multipurpose thing (however, not all shades sadly). Used as eyeshadow, or mixing it with lipgloss, as sparkle on the face or body, mixed with nail varnish, as glitter in your hair...

besides I use:
Lipstick as blush
mixed e/s colors as blush
lipliner as eyeliner

I absolutely LOVE Vaseline!! And to add, I use it as a heavy duty moisturizer (feet, elbows, knees, any dry patches). It also removes eye make up.

I love wearing some light colours cream eyeshadows as highlighters, they work like a charm!!! :D I have some Zara´s cream shadows in beije and light pink that look just fab!

Lately i found my holy grail as an highlighter wich is Loreal Touch on Colour (called like this for the Us market) or for other countries is called Crea Creme, the texture is just fabulous!!!

300.jpg
v_305408003264.jpg

The golden one is great for more olive skins and the light pink for lighter skins and for a more doll like face.

It´s a cream/mousse (meant for eyes and face) that becomes like a powder and it has a great blending power and that becomes kind of a powder when in contact with the skin, so it´s very good for oily skins too. Plus, it has a great staying power.

I also use sometimes lipstick as a blush, a classic! :smile:

And yeah Alejandro, lipgloss on the lids is just great!!!
Although i now use either Lancome eye gloss or Calvin Klein eye gloss, they are lighter and less stickier.

I don't wear makeup but I do use vaseline on my lips and i rub it on my cheeks sometimes.

can putting eyeshadow on cheeks or vaseline on cheeks or lids cause breakouts?! :unsure:

I used to put vaseline on my lids when I was in grade 5.... ^_^

100% pure Shea Butter (ie. usually yellowy-green in colour:(
- face moisturizer (if you've got mad dry skin)
- body moisturizer
- sunscreen
- lipbalm
- scalp conditioner
- hair/ends conditioner
- super duper for dry/cracked heels
- eye make-up remover
- good for removing residual eye make-up in the morning

ooooh! honey as hair-styling? wicked! i'll try that :smile:

I love Smith's Rosebud Salve too =) Works really well... Lips and everywhere that's dry

maraschin0 said:
I love Smith's Rosebud Salve too =) Works really well... Lips and everywhere that's dry

Love it :heart: I use it on and around my nails/cuticles for that 'just had a manicure look' when i'm sitting in traffic or waiting for an appointment^_^ (cause it gives me something to do when i'm bored and it's always in my purse!)

i know someone's explained this to me before but i still don't get it...
how do you use shea butter? i have a bit at home and it seems very sticky and hard to use...

I usually stick my finger in the pot and try to "grab" a bit! :P

But honestly i tought it was a better product than it is. Didn´t find it that moisturizing, and i have the 100% pure shea.
I have said this on another tread, but my opinion on the shea, is that it seems to just "stand" on the top of the skin instead of penetrating, no matter how hard i rub it!

But on the lips is nice though. :smile:

ps- the Body Shop Shea butter is muuuuuuuuuuch nicer and moisturizing than the pure one.

hmmm

okay to use it: yup - grab a bit of it (like a fingernail size) - pop it into your palm - rub palms together to emulsify - massage into your face.

It does moisturize - and is a barrier. However, it does not sink into the skin, unless you massage it in. In winter, i supplement it by using a lavender or rose hydrosol mixed with some glycerine - so i can have moisture drawn into my skin.

:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->