My Lips, But Better - LipStick/Tint/Gloss/Liner Recommendations

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
When it comes to my lips, less is more..that is to say, I like a little extra besides a lip balm.. but I generally prefer natural looking lips.

Makeup Alley used an abbreviation for this MLBB - My Lips But Better to describe Lipsticks/Tints/Gloss'/Liners that are close to your natural lip color and only add a light finishing touch..

My Lips : Medium Pigmented.

Lipsticks - Imo MAC's lipstick in the Lustre finish are generally good
because they let your natural lip color shine through.

The Lustre lipstick that I personally prefer is Syrup
image from mac.com
macsyrupwr6.jpg

Vincent Longo Lipstain Lipstick Spf 15,
with it's sheer color and high gloss.

Foolish Virgin is very pretty
image from Sephora.com
vincentlongoia4.jpg

MAC Lipglass in Adventurous (LE),
the gold pearl and the frost is extremely low key,
keeping the color fairly natural looking
image from mac.com
macadventurouslipglasstu5.jpg

Surprisingly the dark looking gloss #37 from FACE of Stockholm,
does not look dark on my lips, but rather like a very lightly applied Benetint
(#37 luckily doesn't have that beetroot tinge that Benetint has) + clear gloss.
image from hqhair.com
facestockholmsf5.jpg

Stila glaze lip liners are great as they are relatively low in pigment.

I love this look personally. Admittedly I haven't tried a lot of lip products but I adore Mac's "Hug Me" lipstick.

i can't really recommend anything good i've tried, but i've heard good things about Tarte's 24/7 tinted lip balm. :flower: i don't know if you're lookig for a gloss finish or not though..but perhaps use a tinted lip balm and top off w/ a clear gloss if you like glossy lips.

I like Clinique's Glosswear for Lips in the color Juicy Apple. It's so sheer that it gives just a slight pinkish red shade, like you get when you bite your lip. However, it does smell a bit odd like most Clinique products.

I have red-ish lips so I use Kisskiss lipstick in "red booster"
For a real natural MLBB look i just smudge it on with my fingers

Or for glossy lips I use Rosebud salve

My lips are quite pale, but i dont like wearing too much makeup (i prefer the natural look) and so i have been using Nivea Lip Care Balm in Cherry. It feels fantastic, because its a balm, and it gives the most natural reddish colour!

i like to use a lipstain (right now i'm into sonia kashuk's rose one, and goldie's stain in 'valentine]), topped with rosebud salve or a plumping gloss. no need to worry about the color traveling, and i can reapply the balm or gloss to my heart's content.

i also love prada's shielding balm in #6. it's such a perfect berry color, with just a bit of a sheen. gloss-wise, goldie's 'velveteen' is easily my favorite - it's a berry color with subtle silver glitter (the glitter ratio is very low). you can apply a light layer for a YLBB look or a heavier one for a juicy plum lip. B)

I :heart: Burts Bees and Chapstick for a no colour look, usually for school. For colour, I :heart: Aveda's lip tint in Berry. It gives a perfectly natural 'just-bitten' look. I also like Benetint's lip balm although I can't satnd the smell. For parties, I've not encountered a better lip gloss than Stila's lip glazes.

This look is the most flattering overall I think:

Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in Chic
Tarte Lipbalm in Thursday
NARS lipgloss in Pillow Talk

Hee! I looked through my makeup and found some more in this vein.

NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita
NARS Lipstick in Russian Doll: Looks darker but goes on sheer and give a great "just been kissed" look.
Laura Mercier Lipstick in Pink Champagne
MAC Lipstick in Sharp Beige : This might be my perfect nuetral, too bad it was limited edition. If you can find it, its great though especially on tan complexions.

^ i love NARS lipsticks too.... 'gipsy' is my natural red (berryish and sheer red), and flaming dust (bright sheer red with gold shimmer) is my more 'outgoing' red. i really want to try 'dolce vita'. ^_^

Luxx said:
This look is the most flattering overall I think:

Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in Chic
Tarte Lipbalm in Thursday
NARS lipgloss in Pillow Talk

Another NARS fan here. Anything by NARS (or Shu Uemura or Dior... but definitely NARS is at the top of the list).

I also like the feel and look of Tarte lipglosses.

(I like your taste. :smile: )

I just saw a really cool video on the Allure website about the best products chosen by allure for the Best of Beauty Special.

On the video there is a great tip on choosing the MLBB - My Lips But Better products, as the colour of our lips varies from person to person.

It recommends to bit your lips for a bit and then try to find a similar product to the tone that shows after they are bitten. :smile:

sofialuv said:
I just saw a really cool video on the Allure website about the best products chosen by allure for the Best of Beauty Special.

On the video there is a great tip on choosing the MLBB - My Lips But Better products, as the colour of our lips varies from person to person.

It recommends to bit your lips for a bit and then try to find a similar product to the tone that shows after they are bitten. :smile:
I can't seem to find it. Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->