My Skin Is Getting Darker

PeterPan

Reaction score
I had very light skin.But now my skin is getting darker,especiall areas which sees sun.Is there anyway to have light skin again?

Stop going out in the sun? You're tanning...

How old are you? How fair are you? How sunny is where you live?

Use a moisturizer with spf EVERY DAY - your skin will soak it up and even when you forget to use it you will still have some protection.

Otherwise use an SPF of 30 or higher when you go out into the sun.

Thanks for replies

PrinceOFCats:I am eighteen years old,I don't know how I am fair,it is very hot and sunny in my country in summer.But in other seasons,it isn't sunny much.

Stellastar:I used to go outside without sunscreen until last week.Now I am using a sunscreen whenever I go outside,even for a few minutes.

Ok,sunscreen will protect me from tanning,but when may my skin become lighter?
:unsure:

Strawberry,did you graduate in the top 5% of your class?

:rolleyes: strawberrrryyyy..... :rolleyes:

i have the same problem...ive got tan lines all over my body. my arms are 4 shades darker than the rest of my body. and when i wear shorts, half my legs are one color and the other half are another.

i dont care about the legs much and i dont care about a tan either....because i'm naturally tanned if i may say so. i'm white but i've got that bronze thing going.
i really hate the look of my arms and face when i get burnt every time im in the sun for more than an hour.

what brands of sunblock do you recommend??

hahaha thats nothing, after a football game last semester the entire right side of my face was tanned and burned and my left side was fine. i looked like jekyll and hyde!

anyway you just have to wait for the tan to fade. for me its a couple of weeks.

i use kiehl's (just cuz i love the brand so much), but that's kinda pricey. ban de soleil is good and u can get it at the drugstore

Originally posted by model_mom@May 25th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
Strawberry,did you graduate in the top 5% of your class?
Has she graduated...

Are you really that bothered about tanning PeterPan? If it's not too effeminate you could carry a parasol or if it is use sunblock as directed by the other folk...how long it take you to lose your tan depends on how much melonin you have - if you have a natural propensity to tan then there's not much you can do about it (especially in a very hot country)...

Originally posted by PeterPan@May 24th, 2004 - 1:26 pm
I had very light skin.But now my skin is getting darker,especiall areas which sees sun.Is there anyway to have light skin again?
well this is a natural thing for the skin to do, it's protecting itself from the sun. you can wear sunscreen and like someone said use a parasol, and limit your time in the sun. :flower:

Strawberry,could you contact Michael Jackson for me? ha ha ha

Other people,thanks for your replies :wink:

Hm. I wish I had a tanning problem... I'm so pale I disappear against any white wall.

maybe see a dermatologist?
these things are not be taken the easy way. just to make sure you are not getting permanent marks :flower:

sun makes skin darker

im goin to have to say fu*k u strawberry. wat u said is an insult to all blacks :rolleyes:

Decent human beings do not make fun of others due to a handicap; whether it is a skin condition or deformity or any other condition. Your comments show others your mentality. I don't believe I would look up to you nor want to have you among my friends. Your behavior is pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

'I look at myself in the mirror every day, I know my race I am black' - Michael Jackson 2002.

michael suffers from the disease vitiligo, u arrogant twit :wacko:
wat makes u think any black person would bleach their skin to be white? u should go to the beach and watch white ppl tanning their skin to b darker :wink: (no offense to any1 offcourse except strawberry)

watch the interveiw with his makeup artist where she talks about putting makeup on the infected skin for up to 4 hrs to make his skin look one colour. i have a reletive who has the disease too..... i suppose u think she bleaches her skin?

heres some pics without the make up
MICHAEL JACKSON VITILIGO PICS

mj.jpeg

Jackson.jpg

You have the freedom to believe whatever you want to Mask of Life. However, there's no cause to make any personal attacks. Firstly, she was joking, secondly, kindly make an attempt to respect everyone's opinions and finally, please stay on topic.
:flower:

Hum ... there are some "fair creams" which are esp. designed to remove spots & others ... lighten up your entire skin colour? I dont know and I dont think there's a process for such a thing ... try to stay out of the sun, and wear sunblock! That's all I have to say.
I have no tan lines, except when I tan ...but I already this natural bronced color. The only thing I hate is about the stretch marks in my ****. :blink: :blush:
Only intimate friends/people call me "tiger".

Oh! And Mask is right about MJ's disease ... my mum has it, it's nasty ... because of our skin color, it totally stands out ... and let me tell you guys that it totally f*cks up your self-esteem .. she's getting treatment ... after decades of trying stuff, she's getting better.

Originally posted by Mask OF Life@May 27th, 2004 - 5:57 am
im goin to have to say fu*k u strawberry. wat u said is an insult to all blacks :rolleyes:

Decent human beings do not make fun of others due to a handicap; whether it is a skin condition or deformity or any other condition. Your comments show others your mentality. I don't believe I would look up to you nor want to have you among my friends. Your behavior is pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->