Naeem Khan Pre-Fall 2013

Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
Naeem Khan focused on shorter dresses because he was thinking as much about “dressy day” looks as his more expected, dramatic evening gowns. He also sees this season as a continuation of spring rather than a lead-in to fall, so he worked fabrics and beading to a lighter effect, and focused on simple shapes. One charming example: a black-and-white cap-sleeved sheath delicately embroidered with leather and pearls.

wwd.com

The first look/gown is very nice in its simplicity. Although there's hardly anything dramatic, or remotely high fashion about his designs as its all so very traditional, and redundant, at its best.

I think he should just concentrate on the beautiful and fluid beadwork of the first look. Once he ventures away from the cascading beadwork, his lack of creativity and skills are clearly unraveled: They're as creative as bridesmaids dresses. The cuts are very basic, the designs are even more bland and his tailoring skills are abysmal-- the puckering of seams and unevenness in the hemming is frightening 1st-year design student amateur.

It's stunning but doesn't really have magical appeal to me. I feel yeah it's beautiful and that's it.

Style.com's pictures show the collection off in a better light. It is so much more stunning. I love all the evening gowns with the feathers as well. I'm even a fan of the beading, except for the blue gown, that one sticks out to much from the color palette and is not as beautiful as the other dresses.

the way style.com has it shown makes it even more beautiful. this is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->