Nail Polish #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jul 20 2004, 02:22 AM
Sally Henson "Double Duty" Base & Topcoat works great
[snapback]313460[/snapback]​

I've had this shade of Sally Hansen polish on my nails for a week and a half so far.. .I just keep applying a clear top coat every 2 or 3 days. no chips!

L'Oreal was the longest for me.

Other thing is that metallic colors are lasting longer than creamy ones (if you can understand what I mean. :blush: )

big6731.jpg

^^metallic

prod_1003231B_lg.gif

^^creamy

I agree with Luna. Sally's is great. My manicures usually last me 2 weeks. I use their classic In The Red creme and I have no complains.

My dad's girlfriend always has perfectly manicured nails (hands and feet), either done by a proffessional or on her own. They last her a good long time (I think at least two weeks with minimal chipping--which she touches up), and I think she mostly does them herself. She uses Revlon for the color, although I don't know about her base and topcoat. She also keeps the polish in the fridge...I think that makes it dry faster (but maybe all of you knew that already).

I'm usually just keep my nails clean/neat, so I don't have that much experience with nailpolish. I haven't trusted the stuff since it spilled on my desk and melted a plastic clock face and the side of a stapler :ninja: :shock: . But anyway, I've learned that much from her. Good luck! :flower:

The best - Chinoiserie...
The worst - Sally Hansen

I adore Chinoiserie nailpolishes... I usually love to shop around, but this brand has got me hooked!

No, no, no.. the worst is Avon.

I have Sally on right now... great glossy color, lasts a few days... but takes FOREVER to dry *grumble*

i used to be hooked on anna sui glitter/metallic polish for my feet
and let me tell you..
they last FOREVER and EVER... i really mean it.
two coats will easily get you through a week, (even if you do it yourself)
three coats and it will get you through.. two weeks and longer, no touchups required.

for more natural colors, i think OPI ones last the longest.

Christian Dior lasts I think, because its quite think.........

OOo.. I was excited to find this thread. I just went out and bought one of the new OPI (Chicago) colors for fall. I'm trying it on my toes as I type!

I have pretty fair skin, so I bought one called "My kind of Brown". I love it. I only use one coat though-otherwise on me it looks too dark.

I use OPI and Essie most of the time--they always have the hottest colors

:heart:

Shu Uemura nail enamel is very long lasting and they have an interesting range of colors and finishes.

Cream
Example: C 347
Finish: cream like to result in an opaque coverage

Gloss
Example: G 265
Finish: translucent with a surface luster that creates a shiny appearance

IRidescent
Example: IR 216
Finish: with a rainbow-like play of color caused by differential refraction of light waves (as from the inside of a seashell or fish scales) that tends to change as the angle of view changes

MEtallic
Example: ME 884
Finish: like metal, lustrous and reflective

Pearl
Example: P 927
Finish: translucent with a lustrous appearance formed by concentric layers of nacre

PAillette
Example: PA 000
Finish: decorated with visible sparkles, usually small (PA000), occasionally mixed in with larger iridescent shimmering pieces (e.g. PA885)

PAillette*
Example: PA 126*
Finish: decorated with miniscule sparkles completely blended into the nail color to create a "car-finish", frosted appearance

suprisingly...N.Y.C. :ninja:

it only really takes one coat to completely cover and dries in almost seconds and its only $1!

I use Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, OPI ... I'm all about finding the color I want.

I buy whatever is on sale, usually Sally Hansen. Maybeline Quick Dry is good, I'm wearing lilac at the moment. I really like O.P.I.

Maybelline Express Finish. i use it cause i'm allergic to 'normal' nailpolish. plus it's not expensive and it lasts a fairly time.
the only thing is that i wish they had more shades...

My favourite polishes are by Chanel, by Terry & YSL.

i love coney cotton island candy (i think thats the name....) by OPI for my hands
and a deep red maroon/brown color by Revlon for my feet

....the OPI shade is the BEST (!!) beige/nude color i have found...
superb!!...
:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"