Nail Polish #2

I love everyone's collection too- I would photograph mine but I have a lot of polish so it would take a long time.

^ deeth how awesome is Ruby pumps? It has to be one of my favorite reds :heart:

I need help. I desperately want to buy Essie Bootleg, on the streets not online, but can't anywhere :(

is there a dupe shade? It is the most perfetion pink.

essie_bootleg.jpg

heldinophakken.web-log.nl

I'm thinking to get one in mint green.
OPI Hey! Get in Lime or Essie Mint Candy Apple, which one do you recommend?

^I've used both, and I definitely recommend OPI Hey! Get in Lime. It's limited edition and the only resellers left overprice it... But Essie Mint Candy Apple doesn't really compliment your skin tone, unless you are extremely pale or extremely tanned. It just looks weird on anybody in between. I thought it would look nice on me because my skin is really pale, but it turns out my hands are much darker than my face... :P I also find application with Essie polishes much harder, because the brushes are too thin for my wide and long nails... The formula is a bit streaky, almost goopy at times. You have wait for the first coat to dry entirely before applying the 2nd, or these annoying ridges form.
OPI Hey! Get in Lime is a darker mint green - reminds me a lot of Chanel Jade. It compliments my medium-pale skin tone much better. It's definitely much easier to apply, in terms of formula it isn't streaky at all. The OPI brushes are larger, so I can paint my nails with much more ease...

I'll do a comparison pic when my new bottle of Hey! Get in Lime arrives.

THat essence stuff sound crazy for the price! Where can I find it? Is it sold at most drugstore or just beauty stores or where?

On Saturday I was at Nordstrom and looking at the summer Chanel polishes. THey had none left in the store but they told me they were available to order online through the store with free shipping if I got 2 bottles. It was an impulse so I decided to wait and come back sunday. Sunday I asked them to order me 1 nouvelle vague and 1 mistral, but they couldn't find it anymore! So I'm wondering, if they call me back and found it, do you guys think it is worth it to order those? Or should I just miss out and save the money? What do you think? I have already bought about 3 jade knock-offs to quell my yearning for jade, none of which are really a great impersonation of it. Should I splurge on these or just forget it? I LOVE the colors, but on the other hand it's only nail polish... So yay or nay to nouvelle vague and mistral if they find it? Thanks!:flower:

^ with just one correction - since Get in Lime is an old OPI it doesn't have the wide brush.

It is more jelly in finish while MCA looks more chalky and a bit bluer, I have this pic saved, index finger is MCA and pinky is GiL

source of the pic - daisybeauty.com

Attachments

• image_gallery.jpg
    image_gallery.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 9
^They look so alike in that pic :S I don't think Mint Candy Apple looks anywhere near Hey! Get in Lime in real life though...

I love that Vintage Mint shade, gorgeous. don't think you can get isadora in the uk tho :(

^ with just one correction - since Get in Lime is an old OPI it doesn't have the wide brush.
True. Plus, it has very thin formula and there are needed at least 3 or even more coats, so drying lasts hours!:ninja: I only use it when I have nothing to do all day.:lol:
I don't think that Hey! Get In The Lime and Mint Candy Apple look alike, they're very different imho. MCA has more blue note I think.:unsure:

^They look so alike in that pic :S I don't think Mint Candy Apple looks anywhere near Hey! Get in Lime in real life though...
I don't think they do either. I personally found Mint Candy Apple to only really flatter cool-toned skin. That's just my humble little opinion though :unsure: :P

^ I have both too and while I like Mint Candy Apple - it is a bit hard to apply and a bit too "milky" if you know what I meant. Hey! Get in Lime is nice and easier to apply despite not having a wide brush :smile:

I noticed lack of red nail polishes, so I ordered Red My Fortune Cookie from OPI Hong Kong collection.:P

This is my comparison pic for OPI Hey! Get in Lime (top) and Essie Mint Candy Apple (bottom)

I did it with flash, because I don't think there are that many flash comparisons of these two colors!

comparisonj.jpg

my pic

you are all a terrible influence ... ordering 5 nailpolishes, i need help now lol.
OPI, Jade is the new black, parlez vous opi, miami beet, party in my cabana
and essie eternal optimist.

if this goes on my bank manager will have to intervene lol or my husband but he's asleep so it's all cool lol.

oh and i prefer the get in lime, essie's mint candy apple is very blue to my eyes, similar to illamasqua's nudge.

Could you guys recommend a dark red/wine OPI or Essie nail polish that looks like this one?
86276728.jpg
np2.jpg

nailpolishing.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->