Narciso Rodriguez F/ W 2004

lucy

Reaction score
What did everyone think of his show? I liked a lot of pieces, but not everything (as I usually do in his collections). He included things like ruffles and "flowy dresses" that drew away from his great minimalism. However, I still think it was a great show from one of my favorite designers.

Here are some pictures:
100125262.jpg
100125257.jpg

There were definetly some pieces that I didn't like (the Gucci Fall 2003-ish ones) and he sometimes strayed away into different direction here but a handful of pieces strengthened was he is known for - subtle innovation (detail), minimalism and sexy clothes (dresses and tops and pants). Not his best and my fave but it has redeeming qualities.

Teaser (below:(

Rest of collection here

Ignitioned...I think we must have had the same thought at the same time--I just posted something about Narciso Rodriguez. But I agree with everything you said about the collection. There were a lot of piecese which I didn't hate, but would've if they had been by tom ford or versace.

Originally posted by lucy@Feb 13th, 2004 - 10:40 pm
Ignitioned...I think we must have had the same thought at the same time--I just posted something about Narciso Rodriguez. But I agree with everything you said about the collection. There were a lot of piecese which I didn't hate, but would've if they had been by tom ford or versace.
Yes, we did posted it at the same time and we agree on the collection. Let's wait for a mod to merge our topics! :flower:

here comes the merge :wink:

i find his fit seriously off (see ALL bust details, they are terribly wrong)
and its real annoying how much he leans towards a Gucci/Ford look,
seems like he's actually quite interested in this hot Gucci post,
a rehersal collection? trying too hard is so not cool :innocent:

he should have stayed with what he does best,
not sure about his 'floating' pieces, its so not his style
quite dissapointed from Narciso this season but i like the
powder color coat

i think i love this collection.very basic but still interesting enough

His show means his evolution, it's great !!!

The dresses of its new collection underline the chest, and are braided of satin.
The insertion of a white band on a black wind-breaker and the zip which splits a gray dress second skin evoke the sporting inspiration subtly.

And a good point: it is the sign which Narciso Rodriguez can all the same make move her style beyond the borders of the territory "sexy clothing to the lines and colors minimalists" that it endorsed.

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 14th, 2004 - 4:59 am
here comes the merge :wink:

i find his fit seriously off (see ALL bust details, they are terribly wrong)
and its real annoying how much he leans towards a Gucci/Ford look,
seems like he's actually quite interested in this hot Gucci post,
a rehersal collection? trying too hard is so not cool :innocent:

he should have stayed with what he does best,
not sure about his 'floating' pieces, its so not his style
quite dissapointed from Narciso this season but i like the
powder color coat
Rehearsal indeed :lol:

and I so agree with you on him staying in his own direction. :flower:

Those formal dresses (especially the greyish blue) make me think of Versace for some odd reason :shock:

a very gorgeous collection as usual...i liked how he steared away from the usual by amazingly creating those ruffles...they were gorgeous.

i loved the work on the shoulders and necklines...i've been seeing wide shoulders all week but narciso's were the best.

while i have no doubt this collection will soar as he is at the peak of his popularity now, i think it may be time for him to find a second home (perhaps in a gucci) so that he can turn out more creative pieces without the risk of hurting his baby.

For their second looks, I think Isabeli and Linda V. would have been better off wearing the other's dresses. The pants (Marcelle Bittar--favorite outfit) and the coats (Carmen Maria, Tiuu, Gemma) are beautiful.

Not that this would have affected the clothes, but hair down in tresses is the look I'd have done. Nice but Spring 04 was a stronger collection.

I agree that the bust lines need to be fixed they are either toooooo minimal or just in awkward places (whats with the model in the last group of pix top left corner i believe..can we say FITTING session!?)

but i love the full lengh "coats"
The colors are not very exciting but f/w shouldnt be very vibrant
Not very original, the the best Narciso but definatly not the worst

Originally posted by Salvatore@Feb 14th, 2004 - 7:47 am
Those formal dresses (especially the greyish blue) make me think of Versace for some odd reason :shock:
I totally agree. For instance, if this dress would have been in versace's collection, I probably would have said, "how tacky," but because I love Narciso, it's not that tacky.

i thought this dress was especially versace-like:
100125291.jpg

I looked at the whole collection again (detail shots now included) and I really liked it. :heart: It grew on me. I mean just the cut, craft of the jackets and coats were amazing (though some jackets were a bit Nic. G. inspired :doh: ). Then I love how he place ruffles against futuristic-ish (not Gucci-ish as I said earlier, my bad :blush: ) lingerie dresses. The clash wasn't really a "clash", it was romantic. I also like him putting super-thin grey sweaters (looked like paint) behind black dresses. Created a strong look. Then the pants and other tops were what you'd expect from him now. The last set of evening dresses are the ones that were kinda off for me. Though they weren't super bad.

I love this collection, the cut of the clothes was beautiful - it was all so perfectly tailored and put together :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->