Narciso Rodriguez for Kohls

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Narciso Rodriguez will soon be unveiling a special collection for Kohl’s. According to sources, the designer has been putting together a limited-run capsule collection for the retailer, which is expected to serve as the kickoff for a series of such collaborations at Kohl’s this fall. Little further information could be learned at press time, and Rodriguez could not be reached for comment.

Rodriguez is favored by actresses like Julianna Margulies and Claire Danes, as well as First Lady Michelle Obama, who wore one of his dresses the night President Obama was elected. In 2010, he also did a limited-edition collection for eBay. A collaboration with a designer like Rodriguez will further boost Kohl’s fashion appeal. The retailer also has the Simply Vera Vera Wang line, among others. (wwd)

That actually sounds like an interesting collaboration for once. I usually appreciate Narcisco Rodriguez's collections for the fabulous construction and can't quite image yet how that could translate well to a lower priced line but I'm excited to see how that will work out, though I'm not familiar with Kohl's at all.

wwd.

it arrives in november.

Attachments

• narciso02-333x500.jpg
    narciso02-333x500.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Narciso_Rodriguez_Kohls.jpg
    Narciso_Rodriguez_Kohls.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 10
doesn't look bad so far...

and from what i remember about the vera stuff (i haven't gone into kohls in a looong time, but i purchased some items from the first collection or two) the materials were pretty good.

latimes

Attachments

• nr1.jpeg
    nr1.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 7
  • nr2.jpeg
    nr2.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 2
Um, this looks pretty bad. The palette, patterns, and shapes are all Narciso, but the construction is completely off. You can't do Narciso on the cheap. I disliked his capsule collection for eBay as well.

I'm not really a fan of the palette, nor a coat worn over tights.. but it's true to the designer.

I have not worn Narciso myself, but my recollection is that his clothes are all about precision fit. It's interesting that these all hang pretty loosely ... at least the pieces in the photos.

I'm willing to brave my Kohls again if the collection is nice enough. There's just too much going on and too much clutter when it comes to Kohls.

the rest of the lookbook - thebudgetbabe

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks better than i would have initially expected...
still not blown away but you can see the narciso aesthetic for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->