Natacha Ramsay-Levi Leaving Chloé, *Update* Gabriela Hearst Announced as Creative Director

GivenchyHomme

Reaction score
The latest report to surface over the weekend involves the future of the Chloé designer Hannah MacGibbon. Ms. MacGibbon, a former assistant to Phoebe Philo, has designed the label since 2008. But her contract is up after this season, according to people knowledgeable about the house, who said the reaction to her show on Monday could determine whether her contract is renewed. That said, it’s unusual for a designer to negotiate a new contract so close to the expiration date of his or her last one, and what’s more, Chloé is said to have already interviewed other designers.

I really hope they renew her contract. I love Chloe. :cry:

nytimes

Not a big fan of MacGibbon. I'm not really surprised they want to replace her though. Her collections were pretty but I miss Chloe's spontaneity. They need someone more exciting.

Phew, let's hope the reactions tomorrow are really really bad then. :lol::ninja:

In all honesty, I want Betsey Johnson to take over. She'd be so perfect.

She`s doing great in Chloe

I heard a rumor that John Galliano is out of a job

Thank god they are moving on! Hopefully they will employ someone who will reinvigorate the brand a little more than Hannah did. Excited for the possibilities!

I couldn't care less if Hannah leaves; she is doing a poor man's version of Celine anyway. At least when Paolo was there, it was distinct and beautiful (and just as I imagine the Chloe girl); I wish he hadn't been fired.

^ As someone who has effectively studied Chloe, for years, I can honestly say that Paulo's aesthetic was an extremely poor fit, for Chloe (if you're judging by their archive).

I think A/W '09 was great, but Hannah just seems to have gradually lost confidence since then and as you say, has really just resorted to interpreting Celine, in a slightly more Chloe sort of way, lately (which, I agree, is not really good enough).

If true this is very sad. She seemed like the perfect person to take over. It hasn't been all bad just no "it'' factor that Stella and Phoebe had. The bags were gorgeous. It's such a shame.

They need to find someone who knows the true meaning of the Chloe girl and not like that Paulo guy who tried to turn it into Marni.

Oh dear, looks like the day has eventually come. One could ask why did she stay that long, but well, I understand a contract is a contract.

I'm really hoping there will be a change and a better one this time.

^ As someone who has effectively studied Chloe, for years, I can honestly say that Paulo's aesthetic was an extremely poor fit, for Chloe (if you're judging by their archive).

I think A/W '09 was great, but Hannah just seems to have gradually lost confidence since then and as you say, has really just resorted to interpreting Celine, in a slightly more Chloe sort of way, lately (which, I agree, is not really good enough).

Out of genuine curiosity, what exactly is the Chloe aesthetic? I mean this earnestly; it's always been a bit of a "mysterious" house to me. Most of the French labels have always had a certain look and feel that is relatively easy to sum up- ladylike and prim at Dior, girly glamour at Valentino, the timelessly well tailored Chanel- but Chloe has been a little bit of everything over the last few years. Where do the roots lie?

UPDATE - Chloé's Girl

IT SEEMS Hannah MacGibbon will not be leaving Chloé any time soon, despite rumours to the contrary. A spokesperson from the label told us a statement will be released later today to confirm there is no truth in the allegations that MacGibbon's contract is up after this season.

Reports emerged yesterday that the reaction to today's show in Paris could determine the designer's future at the label. According to New York Times, Chloé is thought to have already interviewed other designers.

All eyes will be on MacGibbon - and the Chloé collection she presents - today at the autumn/winter 2011 show at the Espace Ephémère Tuileries.
In other Chloé-related news, its diffusion line, See by Chloé, has landed a new design director - Laure de Sade, formerly a design assistant at Isabel Marant. According to WWD, she will begin her new role on March 28 and hopes to bring "a new touch of femininity and modernity".

Vogue.co.uk

^ That sucks. Her latest collection was the worst excuse for clothes I've seen.

God, and the hope is dead again. What a disillusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"