Native American/Aboriginal/First Nations Models

poo said:
and this girl is aswell, her names samantha, very cute!
7_med.jpg
OMG I'm in love!

i know he's not a model but someone told me johnny depp was part native american (?)
it would explain his killer cheekbones and skin

missy-t1 said:
People like that Trace Reef are totally white in skin colour and it's quite hard to believe that he is part Native. Surely he must have something to accentuate Native features, like a darker skin tone. Apparently Cameron Diaz is part Native too...

Not all native tribes have dark skin :flower: Some of natives in Northern Canada looks russian because they have light skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
whooooo go the aussie aborigines ! :D :D

..that Neil guy in the snoopy shirt is SO hot. melt.

SAMANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!! she was in the girlfriend model comp..she didn't win though abbey lee did. but shes so gorg!!!!!! you can see her at www.vogue.com.au then go to show coverage or fashion shows..and then to MAFW s/s then to Mimco...and go through them and you'll find her

she's always wanted to be a model and she wants to be australia's first supermodel..good luck to her:flower:

How about Fernanda Tavares?
Also,
Mahara Brigitta Lüem McKay- Swiss Model(english/swiss/maori)
maharamckay131zo.jpg

yourbestfriend said:
Andi Muise is descendants of metis, meaning french canadian fathers with native mothers.
I've really liked her since they put up her profile on models.com, she's gorgeous :flower:

poo said:
and this girl is aswell, her names samantha, very cute!
:woot: she's lovely :heart: :flower:

acester said:
SAMANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!! she was in the girlfriend model comp..she didn't win though abbey lee did. but shes so gorg!!!!!! you can see her at www.vogue.com.au then go to show coverage or fashion shows..and then to MAFW s/s then to Mimco...and go through them and you'll find her

she's always wanted to be a model and she wants to be australia's first supermodel..good luck to her:flower:
:woot: thanks so much for that!! The pictures are adorable, I agree she's gorgeous. I hope she does become australia's first supermodel :heart: :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_4725.jpg
    IMG_4725.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 31
I found a link about Samantha :woot: I really hope she makes it big, she seems lovely:

http://www.vibe.com.au/vibe/corporate/celebrity_vibe/showceleb.asp?id=359

Here is the article:

Samantha Harris

Deadly Vibe Issue 89 July, 2004

Her face is her fortune

At just 13 years of age, Samantha Harris already looks set for stardom. This striking young girl from Banora Point, near Tweed Heads in northern NSW, was selected from more than 5500 entries as one of six finalists in the Girlfriend magazine Covergirl 2004 Model Search competition.

Samantha had read about the competition and travelled to Brisbane to take part in the magazine's nationwide talent-spotting roadshow. She is the first Aboriginal person to be a finalist in the annual competition.

"She was there really early with her mum - you could tell she was on a mission," says Girlfriend's acting editor, Danielle de Gail. "When we got to meet her, it was obvious how stunning she was, and the fact that she was Indigenous made her even more appealing. We don't see enough Indigenous models."

Samantha is no stranger to modelling contests. She entered her first beauty pageant at the tender age of five, and has been a regular finalist in local competitions ever since. At just 11, she was chosen as Model Most Likely to Succeed in Dolly magazine's 2002 Model Workshop.

But Samantha's mum Myrna knows that she doesn't need to worry about her daughter getting carried away with all the attention.

"She's a good kid," says Myrna with pride. "She's very level-headed. I don't feel as if I have to worry - I know she'll keep her feet on the ground."

As part of being a finalist in the Girlfriend competition, Samantha has won a contract with New York-based modelling agency Chic Model Management. She also took part in Sydney's renowned Fashion Week.

"I've wanted to be a model ever since I was a little girl," says Samantha. "And I want to be Australia's first Aboriginal supermodel."

After the finalists were announced, they were all flown to Sydney, where the girls took part in a professional photo shoot.

"The photo shoot was fun, but you'd be surprised what hard work it is," Samantha admits. "And the other girls were really nice - we got along really well."

Samantha has impressed with more than just her looks. Her pleasant personality coupled with her strong determination to succeed have also drawn their fair share of attention.

"She's a really sweet, very genuine girl," says Danielle. "And I believe she has what it takes to make it as an international model."

When were you born?
20 July, 1990

Where were you born?
Tweed Heads, NSW

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Four brothers: Michael, 26; Andrew, 19; Isaac, 12 and Christopher, 4. One sister: Natalia, 10.

What's your favourite part of Australia?
The Gold Coast

Who is your favourite model?
Naomi Campbell

Favourite beauty product?
Lip gloss

What is your favourite colour?
Pink

Who is your favourite singer?
Delta Goodrem

Favourite TV Show?
Home & Away

Do you have a nickname?
Sam

Who's real deadly in your eyes?
My mum

Where do you see yourself in 10 years' time?
Hopefully travelling the world

[ photograph courtesy of Girlfriend magazine.]

Attachments

• Samantha_harris.jpg
    Samantha_harris.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member