Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

This is such a fun thread, I love it!

dry, flaky lips: mix lemon juice and brown sugar into a paste, dip your finger in and rub your lips, rinse off with cool water, some lip balm and a coat of gloss and your ready to go. kisses.

Baking soda and baking powder are the same, right?

Cos, I wanna try that teeth whitening thing - sounds good :flower:

whenever I've got a pimple I put toothpaste on it overnight. the next morning you wash it off and the pimple's gone.

LizMaus said:
whenever I've got a pimple I put toothpaste on it overnight. the next morning you wash it off and the pimple's gone.

it severly dries out your skin though.

I would be careful with the baking soda, because it takes away the top layers of your teeth and after a while they could get very sensitive.

Apply Baby Oil to your skin when its still a little damp when you just finish taking a shower. It will moisturize your skin better.

Try a little bit of Vaselines around your eyes as a natural eye cream without all the harsh retinol (that can damage teenage skin :whistle:smile: But don't use too much or else you may end up with an infection.

Soak nails in Olive oil for a few minutes and than rub the oil into your nails and hand.

Crush 10-15 Aspirins into warm water until it turn into a paste then apply onto face for at least 15 minutes. Work GRREAT for Acne prone skin and makes a great enfoliator that is if your not allergic to it!!!

Toxxxic said:
Crush 10-15 Aspirins into warm water until it turn into a paste then apply onto face for at least 15 minutes. Work GRREAT for Acne prone skin and makes a great enfoliator that is if your not allergic to it!!!

Never heard of that before...I'll give it a go :flower:

^ i tried the aspirin mask...

i crushed 6 lite-coat aspirins and mixed it with plain yogurt..
its not the greatest, but i saw some results and my skin felt soft and clean afterwards. :smile:

I am not sure what they are called, but old people take these tablet things in glasses of water so it will clean their dentures.

But anyways, my sister used that stuff and put her retainer in it so it wouldn't be smelly and all. And after a while of doing this, it seemed to make her teeth whiter!
So I'm not sure if maybe she was just brushing really good.. or if it was the denture tablets!!

Another thing with the denture tablets, I've heard that Catherine Zeta Jones puts the tablets in water and dips a Q-tip in it and rubs it onto her fingernails. Supposivly, it gets rid of the yellow on your nails so they turn out looking all nice!

Ketchup or plain tomato concentrate rubbed in blond hair prior to washing it, takes of the brassiness. :smile:

On another message board, some people rave about using olive oil as a face wash/exfoliator. has anyone else tried this?

Hmmm.. I'm a bit proned to moving this to Paint that Face or Skin & Hair Care ..Model Mom what's your take ?

Thats such a long list..I wanna try but I worry I would be doing more harm than good anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->