Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

i have ALWAYS had problems getting stains off my teeth (as they are naturally stained) and i have never seen anythign that worked well to whiten them up. but i WILL try the bakin soda starting tonight.

question though. do you recommend using it separatly(like one or the other) from regular toothpaste or before or after regular toothpaste?

:flower:

How many uses of the baking soda are required before seeing any results?

Thanks <3

Oops. Forgot to add my thing! :blush:

-Honey and Egg Facial-

Mix together 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Honey stimulates and smoothes, egg and almond oil penetrate and moisturize, and yogurt refines and tightens pores.

TheSoCalledPrep: The baking soda thing intrigues me. Thanks so much for the tip! :flower:

My suggestions:

Cucumber is a natural astringent. Just take a slice of it and rub it over your face so that the juice rubs onto you and your face will feel nice and smooth/tight. It feels lovely. :heart:

I've read that strawberries and pinapple are both good for facials, but I've found the results unsatisfying. I tried them both a long time ago, but I still remember that he pinapple made my face sting rather uncomfortably so I washed it off right away. :ninja: I also found the strawberries uncomfortable on my skin and it didn't even feel good afterwards. At least I learned a lesson: acid + face = bad :ninja:

Honey mixed with oatmeal (real, not instant) makes a good exfoliating scrub. Mix them together and rub it in circles on your face, then wash it off. Then you can put your face over a pot with boiling water and herbs to open/clear your pores. You can finish that by rubbing your face with more honey, but without oats...I don't remember why you use honey again, but your skin feels great at the end.

Hey holly, I'm really interested in what your book has to say about sugar. I've read in other sources that honey is a good thing for your face, so I would really like to hear what your book has to say. :flower:

okay this is a cool topic what is good for blemishes?

I've heard that lemon juice and tothepaste are good but I'm not sure what works...

There's a thread on that here somewhere already (natural blemish cures). It should only be back a few pages, I think. :flower:

I used to do avocado-oatmeal masks when I would get dry skin. Just mash up some avocado, add some cooked COOL oatmeal, mix until relatively smooth and apply to skin. Made my skin very smooth and moisturized.

I also heat up olive oil, mint, fresh ground ginger root and a drop of tea tree oil in a coffee mug until hot-warm and apply it to my hair in the kitchen sink, then wrap some plastic around my head and then a towel on top of that. Its strong smelling, but makes my hair gorgeous. I have thick, curly, environmentaly damaged hair (sun + ocean = bad) so I REALLY need a super moisturizer for my hair, otherwise its frizz city. It works great.

With the baking soda, you should see stain removal immediately, and depending on the shade of your teeth, big results in a week or two.

After you get them really white, I would suggest using it only every other day. I also suggest using it at night so that your teeth have time to be white before being hit with food again.

I'm going to try some of these suggestions!! :heart: :buzz: I just love this kind of stuff.

Blemishes: If it's a huge whitehead or p*ssy zit, use toothpaste. Keep in mind MODERATION, and only use when necessary. It is one of the most effective IMMEDIATE zappers, though. If it's a blind pimple or just a little blemish, drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. :smile:

If you want to use a mask with BHA, try the aspirin mask.
You just use 2 uncoated aspirins and a drop of water. There are tons of rave reviews on MUA.

Cool topic! I was just thinking of posting a similar thread on home-made remedies for dry hair. I'll try Ocean H's tip. Although I think that the only solution for my mop is the chop! My reflection in the mirror is beginning to resemble Worzel Gummidge, somehow I don't think it will catch on as the new "Rachel" shag. Any other hair rescue tips out there?

My own discoveries include vinegar for mosquito bites, not really beauty related but effective if u don't mind smelling a bit pungent.

I use bleach when I clean, this makes the tips of your fingernails really white, probably not too good for your hands.

The only thing that will pull the ring off my middle finger is washing up liquid.

(My brother insists that peeing in the shower is the best cure for athletes foot!) :sick:

I mix baking soda in with my regular cleanser for a gentle exfoliant.
I use apple cider vinegar as toner.
To exfoliant in the shower (body only), I mix sugar and olive oil.

remembered another one...

mix some ocean water with a dash of heavy conditioner (I use Aussi 3 minute miracle) and apply it to wet hair, let dry. Adds TONS of texture to hair and leaves it soft as well.

- our ocean water is very salty out here, so if you wanted to do it home, make sure you use a high saturation of salt to water.

How FUN is this kind of stuff???

TheSoCalledPrep, I love the baking soda idea... I've been obsessed with having beautiful teeth since I got my braces off five years ago. I'm sure going to give that a try.

To exfoliate the skin on my elbows, I use a lemon. Works wonders :smile: The acid is great for exfoliation.

hey everyone,
I thought it would be a nice idea to post any natural remedies or recipies you know for hair and skin here, for example olive oil in your hair, or recipies for homemade face masks.
Anyone have any?
:smile:
Claire xoxo

Oh im so sorry, I just noticed a topic similar to this! Sorry everyone!

I love all these ideas!

I like doing a lil coffee scrub thing to my face. I mix coffe grinds with a little lotion or moisturizer, rub onto my face, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse off. It's a little messy, but it really wakes up my skin, and it smells good too!

I've heard rubbing warm coffee grinds on your thighs, wrapping in saran wrap, than rinsing off will help with cellulite because caffeine (found in almost all cellulite products) stimulates something. I got that from Shape so I think it's fairly reliable though caffeine results never last that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"