Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

I swear by washing my face with baking soda in the morning, wet with water. Simple, but amazing!

^ Please don't do that to yourself. :doh: It's pH is much too high for the skin and using it on your face can do more harm than good in the long run.

^ Please don't do that to yourself. :doh: It's pH is much too high for the skin and using it on your face can do more harm than good in the long run.

Yes!! :shock: Also, don't even think of brushing your teeth with baking soda! This is so bad for your teeth.

I make my own exfoliating scrub consisting of coconut oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a few drops of lemon juice. Don't even think of using a shower mitt, you'll spend weeks getting the grease and cinnamon out of it. For my face I obviously use a finer sugar grain, and replace the lemon juice with aloe extract.

For a toner and sometimes after-shave, I only use rose water.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a huge fan of natural treatments lately. I tried doing a hair treatment with fermented rice water and so far so good; my hair is super soft. I found the rice water recipe here

2 cups of water
Half cup of uncooked organic rice
Essential Oil

1.Wash the rice to eliminate any dirt and grime or impurities.

2. Place the rice in a dish and cover it with a lid. Add 2-3 cups of water

3. Allow the rice to soak for a quarter an hour.

4. Shake the dish softly until the water turns cloudy. This helps the minerals and vitamins to seep into the water.

5. Cover your dish with plastic cover and leave it at room temperature for a day until the rice starts to smell slightly. When this happens, consider it fermented.

6. Boil it for a few moments to cease the fermentation process.

7. Allow it cool and put in a few drops of the essential oil (rosemary or lavender is effective).

8. Store in a bowl with a lid before storing it in a refrigerator for a week.

How To Use Fermented Rice Water For Beautiful Hair
1.Get a sizable dish or basin and a measuring cup.
2. After shampooing, place your head within the basin and gradually pour the rice water onto your head.
​3. Massage your head to help the blend sink into the hair
​4. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it set for 15-30 minutes.
​5. Rinse out with cool water.

did anyone use a raw potato grated and apllied on face it is amazing and easy

^ I put on slices sometimes, if my eyes feel puffy or have dark circles. I don't know if it really helps but my skin feels great. And have you ever woken up with dark circles AND acid reflux? raw potato is your friend, half on your face, half into your mouth. :lol:

Somehow I never have potato in my fridge.. hate peeling it, hate carrying it in my groceries bag haha

Its been more than 6 years since I started using natural & home made solution to treat my skin and hair. There are several benefits of doing it and the best one is they have very minimal side effects on you skin or hair. If I prefer to buy some products for my skin than I make sure it is prepared with natural ingredients only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->