Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

Acid said:
another thing which is amazing which wasnt mentioned is......the EGG

if you split an egg into the white and yolk, wizz the white into a foam and put in in your hair after shampooing, and then wash right out, it will make your hair twice as thick and strong plus it will make your hair dry tousled
and with the yolk.....if you apply it all over your face for 10 mins, it will make your skin smoother and if you've been in the sun, your tan will develop 5 times as fast

I've never heard of using egg whites for hair. I'll have to try that. I've used an egg white mask for my face before (same principle, whisk the white until foamy, apply, let dry, wash out)...it's good for firming and bringing out your natural glow. I've read that egg white is better for oily skin (which mine is) and yolk is better for dry.

OK with the Brewers Yeast and Yoghurt thing..

Does it actually work first?

And if it does, do you put it on as a mask once a week to PREVENT pimples, or do you put it on pimples that are up and annoying, or ones you can feel coming up? Or just pimple prone areas?

I'm confused!

Thanks Ladygrey for the link! Apple Cider Vinegar really is supposed to be good for your health, I take a tablespoon with warm water everyday. I am so going to try the egg whites on my hair.
Does anyone take a tbspoon of olive oil everyday? I heard that it's good for health in general.
Oh and what is white tea??

White Tea is a rare relative of green tea which is an antioxidant I believe and its the best 'health tea' from Chinese herbology. Its dirt cheap and you'll notice a difference in your skin the next day after drinking it. Its also a far less powerful flavour than Green Tea.

Thank you for posting this link, Lady Grey! I will definitely be drinking more iced water and substituting lemon juice for my usual toner in the next few days! :heart: :flower:

colon cleanser

guess it's up to me to go there.:P

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme

Last edited by a moderator:
meme527 said:
guess it's up to me to go there.:P

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme

You should really post yor advice in the Sugarholics Anonymous thread as well meme527 :flower:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23995

Acid said:
another thing which is amazing which wasnt mentioned is......the EGG

if you split an egg into the white and yolk, wizz the white into a foam and put in in your hair after shampooing, and then wash right out, it will make your hair twice as thick and strong plus it will make your hair dry tousled
and with the yolk.....if you apply it all over your face for 10 mins, it will make your skin smoother and if you've been in the sun, your tan will develop 5 times as fast

What a fantastic thread!! Haven't had a chance to read through all the tricks yet, but I'll be back!

Never heard of the egg trick, Acid, but it makes total sense when you think about it. I'll try this sometime. I'm plagued with very fine hair...

^Me too, fine and curly aren't the best combination. I tried the whisked egg thing, and afterwards and the next day, my hair looked much thicker and shinier than usual and felt great. I didn't do it the past two days and my hair looks normal again, but I think I'll try it on a daily basis and see if there are any permanent results.
Thank you for the tip Acid!!:flower:

most major drug stores have it, packaged either as "colon cleanser" or as 100% psyllium seed husks. i know you can buy it in bulk at various health food stores as well - this is the best and cheapest way to get it, if you have access t that in your community.

psyllium husk is the main ingredient in metamucil - but use this as a last resort, as you are also getting sugar or aspartame, artificial color and flavor :sick:

let me know how it goes!

meme

PS: the section on colon cleansing mentions Mae West doing daily enemas. this sounds a bit more like a sexual fetish that a health regimine - too frequent enemas are not good for the protective lining of the colon.

Oooff - the word "enema" gives me the shivers!! Childish, I know, but it does!

So are the husks basically a substitute for fiber?

Glad to her about the egg, Tinuviel!!

hey curious:

the husks ARE fiber - the kind that bulk up and don't get digested, therefore no carbs, no calories, etc. i can never remember if this is "soluble" or "INsoluble" fiber.

you have to take it with lots of water. i mix the tablespoon or so of psyllium with 4 oz of cranberry juice and just slam the glass, then drink another small glass of juice or water right afterward.

good for what ails you.

meme

Ha! Thanks for the clarification, Meme. Duh, on my part ^_^

Yes! LOTS of water, I imagine. I'm kind of a nut about fiber!! Most people count calories, I count fiber grams...

I'm familiar with the initial bloating from extra fiber, but for everyone else reading... it does go away once your body is accustomed to it!

A bonus, too: Getting the right amount of fiber also helps keep your belly slim! Doctor's recommend that women get between 25 and 35 grams a day. Most women only average 15!!! Food for thought :D

soz had to repeat it since i really wanna know:blush: :

OK with the Brewers Yeast and Yoghurt thing..

Does it actually work first?

And if it does, do you put it on as a mask once a week to PREVENT pimples, or do you put it on pimples that are up and annoying, or ones you can feel coming up? Or just pimple prone areas?

I'm confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->