Nature-Inspired Jewelry

is this a trend?
hmm not sure really.. this ring looks fun though
lets discuss

welcome to tFS deerylou :flower:

should we murge this with the fashion from nature thread ???

the leaf thing seems to be a trend...

i thought it was just me...
but now leaf earrings and necklaces seem to be popping up everywhere...
also the kukui nut necklaces that everyone seems to be wearing...

and lots of wood as well...

Yeha iv enoticed it around since last sumemr but it never really hit of. It was the whole back to basics thing. I also put some of it down to a bit to do with the whole african trend but maybe thats just me ??

well...that's a good point...
to me...
there is just a general 'ethnic' trend...an extension of the 'boho chic'...
not just african...
and i do think that the 'earthiness' of that is influencing the accessories...

last summer it was all nature and basic thing slike crochet and beads and stuff like that its carried on to this summer as well.

I used to think the nature inspired jewelry wasn't that appealing but I saw some celebs (Lucy Liu, Katie Holmes, Jessica Simpson...etd) with them and I actually thought they look nice. Simple and yet it stands out. Do you think this is just a fast "trend" of the moment of would it stick around? I remember my mom wearing a gold-dipped leaf pendant when I was growing up....

I think it's definitely a trend. last week in topshop I saw quite a lot of this, including a long necklace with a very large leaf pendant. I love nature inspired jewellry, especially because I adore anything related to the art nouveau, and this goes hand in hand with that. ^_^

my only problem with this is that most of the nature inspired jewellry I've come across has been either gold or bronze...neither suit me at all. I actually have a lovely pair of delicate vintage gold leaf earrings...I rarely wear them though because they are gold.

I guess gold was more of the common choice of metal before. Now that Utopia mentioned it, I picture gold when I picture leaf jewelry, rarely silver leaf jewelry. Utopia, your vintage earrings sound very pretty. Got any pics? :smile:

I really like all of the wooden necklaces and such. I found this fantastic wood bead necklace at a garage sale. I was so proud of myself.

i'd say wood is more 'african'/ethnik, the nature style is more romantic/nostalgic

i have some vintage flower/bud earrings with porcelain but i can't bring myself to wear them, guess not a 'nature jewelry' person here, still good to know they are 'happening' in London, thanks for keeping us updated utopia :flower:

I hve noticed that nature inspired jewelry is coming more popular. Many kinds of leaf jewelry is sold here. Though I would say ethnic/africen inspired is more common.
I like the ring in that last pic, it´s lovely

I love nature inspired anything. So I adore this even though I really hope it doesn't become trendy but seeing as how UO and banana and all these other stores are selling them I'm guessing it's on the fast track to trendville. =(

i do like 'nature' inspired jewelery.....only im not to fond of the examples shown.

i have necklaces made of many differents rocks/ stones, quartz, onyx etc...
maybe this is considered nature inspired ? :unsure:

this would be more my style....maybe not too much nature but at least natural rocks were used :lol:

http://www.jcreport.com/mailer/issue64/popups/img/cult-4.jpg
http://www.jcreport.com/mailer/issue64/popups/img/cult-3.jpg

the best designs in this style that i have seen , would be a/w 05 yazbukey 'im your venus ' collection :wink: necklace and headband B)

02.jpg
05.jpg

believe it or not I found some cute, and cheap, leafy-motif nature-inspired jewellry at target the other day, including a leaf pendant on a long chain similar to the one I saw at topshop in the uk last week. :flower:

Victoire de Castellane started that look a few years ago at Dior, she did some wonderful pieces! This somewhat Victorian look is indeed making its comeback on the highstreet but I wouln't call it a trend yet. Massai jewelry is though.

Of course Art-Deco and Jugendstill are perfect examples of an age in which nature made its appearance in jewelry too, I always need to take a look in the shopping windows of antique jewelry dealers in London. Just love those!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everywhere I go it looks like leaves and shells are "in" these days. Banana Republic has a lot of cute necklaces using seashells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->