Naughty Versus Innocent

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by saad, Jul 8, 2004.

1. saad

saad New Member

i realize that flesh bearing isnt 'in' anymore....short short skirts and navel bearing tops out?
    what do yyou say? what did you think of the whole sexed up fashion in the first place?
    i know a lot of straight guys who said it turned them off when an otherwise pretty girl dressed up like a *wh*re* (excuse me ladies :P) just trying to 'copy' the mainstream fashions... :wacko:
    as you all know....ivee always looked for the more innocent look in girls...i dont even like makeup that much..i say keep it within limitations.. skirts are okay...but not the ones that show off your panties!!! :shock:

ill be glad when more decent looking clothing takes over!

2. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

Sad you almost made me want to cry with the makeup comment...I love cosmetics.. :blush: :ninja:

Overly small and skintight hoochie clothing is trashy and makes me think they should be standing on a street corner. :rolleyes: ...its tacky to show everything...plus leaves nothing to imagination. :shock: :yuk:

SKin done right can be sexy and daring but staying in a tasteful limit...I can never be conservative, but I show skin in a manner that doesn't offend and terrorise the poor eyes of people who dont want to see everything you got to offer. :doh:

This is skin showing but its tasteful.
    [​IMG]

This is not :yuk:
    [​IMG]

3. Mettchen

Mettchen desire, undefined

True sephora, but it also depends on how it's worn. This dress could easily look very tacky on the wrong person.

4. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

true....Its all in the attitude and the way you present yourself as well...a covered person can be such a tacky hoochie wh*re as the next scantily clad thing out there by how she acts...

This is evil I know but....its soo true...

my stepmom acts too loud and boastful and laps up attention she happens to have the same dress as my cousin..(who scarily is her age :yuk: )...now my cousin is just a very friendly down to eart person who is very humble...when the b*tch unfortunately called family wears it her behavior and body language screams WHOOOOORRREEEE...when my cousin just look simply divine....

I'll see if I can find that stepmoms pic just to show u the point I'm making.. :innocent:

5. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

i think its also about knowing what looks good to your figure. one person can look fabulous in a short mini and a tiny top and look cute and not at all sl*tty. while the same outfit on a girl two sizes bigger and 6 inches taller just looks nasty...

i hate it when girls buy clothes in the size they WANT to wear, not the size they ACTUALLY wear.

*pet peeve*

6. oanadobre

oanadobre New Member

True sephora, but it also depends on how it's worn. This dress could easily look very tacky on the wrong person. [/b][/quote]
    *Thinks immediately of Britney Spears...

7. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i think the true question is one of taste, class, and individual personal style. some people just don't look good in short skirts no matter how trendy it is just like some will never look right in skirts around their ankles.

some people look unapproachable in just a light gloss while others look like ghosts without red lipstick. hopefully all of the choices today in fashion will lead women to seek out their own individual style instead of some mass marketed look.

8. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

well...that dress made me think of paris hilton....who would look tacky in ANYTHING...

it really has a lot to do with the person wearing the garment...

mikeijames makes some good points...the key is figuring out what suits you best... :flower:

9. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I hate the trashy look... tastefully sexy is what I go for.

10. tgp

tgp New Member

I am so glad that the low jeans, tiny mini skirts, belly-baring tops are going away (it will take a looong time here in TX before it is really gone!) I really think that look is trashy even if you have the body for it. Tastefully sexy, as Erin said, is so much more appealing. I love the dress sephora posted-so elegant, revealing, but tastefully done. Much more my style.

11. saad

saad New Member

:woot: thats exactly what i meant!!!!!
    sometimes i go as farr as ignoring somoene who's dressed like the girls in the second pic!
    the first pic is B) though!

about the makeup: :lol: :lol: i was talking about girls who're pretty naturally but use makeup to the point of nausea... :shock:
    on the contrary, i love a light shade of lip gloss or lip stick, clear skin, a little blush and mascara on a girl....nothing more heavenly :rolleyes: :innocent: :rolleyes:

everythign done within moderation is sexy... :innocent: