Need Help from Canadian tFSers

Reaction score
I am immigrating to Canada. I normally buy everything to do with skincare, body care, cosmetics, etc. at a British shop called Boots. I even get my photos developed, buy my glasses and contact lenses, tights, medicine ... everything there! Trouble is, Boots doesn't even exist in Canada. So I was wondering if some of you would be kind enough to help me out? I would just like to know the answers to the following questions:

1. What Canadian shops sell skincare/body care products?
2. Is there anything cheaper (that works just as well) than what I currently have in my list, OR is there something that is about the same price that works better? I haven't tried a lot of things on the list, but I will explain what kind of result I am looking for from using it.
3. If the product doesn't exist in Canada, can you recommend something that is affordable and works well?

The prices are all British prices, but converted to Canadian dollars (I have no idea if it is cheaper there or not, but I do know most British things are overpriced).

- Garnier Skin Naturals Deep Pore Wash $5.58
Looking for face wash that helps get rid of blackheads and reduces oil.

- Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser $5.98
Also looking for something to keep oil away.

- Quinoderm Cream 10% benzoyl peroxide. About $10.00
Looking for an over-the-counter product that gets rid of spots and blackheads.

- Biore Shine Control Clay Mask $9.98
Looking for something that reduces oil and helps get rid of blackheads.

- Boots Hair Lightener $9.98
Bleach for face and/or body hair. Preferably just cream that you mix together and not cream and powder.

- Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera $1.98
This is the only thing I've found that keeps my lips looking moisturised; it doesn't actually prevent them from going chapped underneath the vaseline and it makes them go gross at the corners from over-moisturising. :rolleyes: I also think it's pretty unhygienic in a pot, but I haven't found any lip balm sticks that prevent my lips from going chapped.

- Skin Doctors Circle Clear $39.90
Looking for something to get rid of dark under eye circles.

- No. 7 Micro Dermabrasion $19.00
Trying to get rid of dark blotches left by really evil, giant mutant spots.

- Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Lotion $3.98
Just looking for a moisturising body lotion that smells delicious.

- Clinique Pore Minimiser Oil-Blotting Sheets $15
I heard Clean & Clear have some much cheaper ones that are just as effective, but can't find them here in Britain. Don't know if they're available in Canada.

- Vaseline Intensive Care Hand & Nail Lotion $5.38
Just looking for something to stop my skin getting chapped and to keep my nails strong.

- Skin Doctors Capillary Clear $39.90
Trying to find something to get rid of redness and tiny capillaries near my nose.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and thank you very, very, very, very much in advance if you reply! I would appreciate it a lot and would be very grateful. :smile:

I know we have the following..

- Garnier Skin Naturals Deep Pore Wash $5.58
Looking for face wash that helps get rid of blackheads and reduces oil.

- Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser $5.98
Also looking for something to keep oil away.

- Biore Shine Control Clay Mask $9.98
Looking for something that reduces oil and helps get rid of blackheads.

- Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera $1.98
This is the only thing I've found that keeps my lips looking moisturised; it doesn't actually prevent them from going chapped underneath the vaseline and it makes them go gross at the corners from over-moisturising. :rolleyes: I also think it's pretty unhygienic in a pot, but I haven't found any lip balm sticks that prevent my lips from going chapped.

- Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Lotion $3.98
Just looking for a moisturising body lotion that smells delicious.

- Clinique Pore Minimiser Oil-Blotting Sheets $15
I heard Clean & Clear have some much cheaper ones that are just as effective, but can't find them here in Britain. Don't know if they're available in Canada.

- Vaseline Intensive Care Hand & Nail Lotion $5.38
Just looking for something to stop my skin getting chapped and to keep my nails strong.

All of which can be found at Shopper's Drugmart..or for cheaper at Wal-Mart, Zellers, etc. Basically any drugstore.

For the Clinique I suggest going to a counter..I'm pretty sure there's one at The Bay and one at Sears, there might also be one at certain Shopper's locations.

Don't stress..most of those products can be found here, and are not uncommon. For an over the counter acne medication, you could try the Clean&Clear one..or there's Solugel..or there's a million other different ones, all in the drugstore.

The other things you listed, I'm not sure if they're available, but they may be through a dermatologist.

Hope I helped, and sorry if I didn't!

Shoppers Drug Mart is what you're looking for. I used to work there. Yeah they sell everything from health care items to body items to makeup to magazines to snacks and pretty much everything you listed (not sure of the brands though).

i remember boots trying to come to canada in the past, but for whatever reason, failed miserably and left to never return again

There used to be a Boots near my parents' house, but it changed to Pharma-Plus.

i've heard of boots, is it an actual store chain, or just like a slang word for cosmetic stores?? haha but anyways, you'll probably be able to find all or most of those products here, some stores to check out are shoppers drug mart, london drugs, and possibly superstore,

all the pharmacies that the other posters mentioned are a good start, but if you can't find them there, then there's always wal mart. stores like the bay and sears are good if you're looking for cosmetics/skin care products that are more high-end. they sell brands like clinique, versace, dior, estee lauder and the list goes on.

good luck with everything! :D

Just wanted to say thank you very much for everyone who has taken the time to reply. :D I really appreciate it. You guys are great! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->