Net-a-Porter Names Magazine

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
I'm excited for this, the weekly "Edit" is always stunning. Hope a Porter Man follows, as I may enjoy "The Journal" even more.

Net-a-Porter Names Magazine

LONDON — The first consumer magazine from Net-a-porter’s new publishing division will be called Porter.

According to the company, Porter will be “for and about women with great style,” bringing together editors, writers, stylists and photographers who will be led by editor in chief Lucy Yeomans, formerly of Harper’s Bazaar U.K.

“The name Porter has a strength, wit, elegance and intelligence that speaks perfectly to the modern female audience and yet it has a timelessness to it that feels as if it could have existed for decades,” said Yeomans, describing the Porter woman as “strong, stylish, intelligent and adventurous.”

She added that her role, as editor, is to “seduce, satisfy and serve” her readers, adding that “the power, expertise and reach of Net-a-porter will also offer her the experience and service that she has come to expect, turning inspiration from the page into accessibility within seconds.”

It will be published six times a year, and have a global distribution at newsstands and via subscription. Its 300 pages will be transactional via mobile phone and via an app, built in-house. The cover price has not been revealed, but the publication will launch in February 2014. Content is being produced by a dedicated team, with contributions from Net-a-porter’s free, weekly online magazine called The Edit, the sister title of Porter.

Tess MacLeod-Smith, vice president of publishing and media at Net-a-porter, said, “The magazine will have the power to reach the most affluent and proactive fashion consumer base in the world via Net-a-porter’s global audience of over 6 million monthly unique visitors and customers.”

The publication was originally slated to launch this fall but was postponed in June until early 2014 in order to introduce a mobile brand platform, which was originally set to launch in 2014. However, the company, which is owned by Compagnie Financière Richemont SA, brought the launch date forward because it wanted to be first to market with the new app, which will be introduced in the near future.

wwd

Excited about it as well, Lucy been doing such a great job on The Edit, so I'm looking forward to it.

I do not know how I feel about it. While their "The Edit" is a good feature, I fail to see why a print version is necessary... With them being an online shop, it would have been much more interesting to enhance the digital experience of "The Edit" and dedicate it its own website etc.

Not to mention that I absolutely hate the name and I'm anxiously awaiting all the bad pronounciation :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->